U

Wednesday, December 20th, 2023 11:30 PM

Closed

Begging for help

Hello,

For the past several weeks I have been working to resolve a Xfinity Mobile Billing concern and have not received adequate support from anyone at Xfinity Mobile.

At this point in time, I feel completely undervalued as a customer and am seriously considering cutting all ties with Xfinity, after the worst Customer Service Experience of my life.

My nightmare began in October 2023 when I had a death in my family.

Due to unforeseen events my family had to scramble to raise some money to help my mother through that time.

I reached out to Xfinity for some payment flexibility in hopes that I could defer and spilt October’s payment up over two months (half in November and half in December).

The agent was very nice and offered me kind, comforting words and told me things were set up per my request.

Fast forward to November 2023, I was charged (auto debited) for October and November’s payment in full. This is not what I agreed to.

I called Xfinity support and the lady I spoke with apologized for the inconvenience and offered me two paths forward:

1. Call my bank, order them to reverse the transaction and then call back Xfinity and manually make the payment for November and half of October (as planned).
  2. Because of the inconvenience, she could offer me a one-time opportunity to upgrade early and get two new Iphone 15 Pro Max’s and receive $800 trade in credit for each Iphone traded in (13 pro and 13 pro max).

I explained I was not really looking to upgrade at this time and did not want to spend any more money and she explained that my bill would in fact go down because of this due to the one in a lifetime change of the $800 trade in credits for each line.

I reluctantly agreed, paid $95 for the 1st payment of each phone, and then awaited the delivery.

I ordered a Blue 128gb iPhone 15 Pro & a Grey 256gb iPhone 15 Pro Max.

One thing that I thought was strange was that the representative mentioned that she had to set the new phones to different phone numbers for the promotion to work, but to “not be worried” because once the phones were received, I could change the number back to the existing numbers and there would be no issue.

She explained that I would be able to do so during the activation process and mentioned that should I have any issues whatsoever that I could call in to support and they could very quickly fix the issue.

Needless to say, I received the two phones and nothing that she said was correct:

1. The iPhone 15 Pro that arrived was the wrong color, we received a white one instead of a blue one.
  2. One of the phones arrived already active, so we were unable to assign the correct number through the activation process.
  3. The other phone arrived in an ‘error’ state which prevented any activation from occurring.
  4. I called into support, and I explained all the above to the customer service representative.
  5. The agent then explained that they had to ‘reset’ the activation and that I could wait 24 hours and then try to activate the phones.
  6. The next day I tried again, and it still did not work.
  7. Since we had now been working on this for two days and had three different calls to Customer Service we opted to head directly to a brick-and-mortar Xfinity Mobile Store.
  8. Upon our arrival I explained all the above to the customer service representative.
  9. The Agent told me that the reason the activation was not working is because it is impossible. That the $800 trade in promotion was only valid for new lines and would not work with the upgrade.
  10. I expressed my frustration in wasting two days of my life dealing with this when I did not even want to upgrade in the first place, this was something that Xfinity Offered Me. I asked him to escalate the situation and he walked us over to the ‘Virtual Assistant’ booth in the store. 
  11. A virtual agent appeared, and I explained all the above to the customer service representative.
  12. The Virtual Agent said, “Oh yeah, no problem, I did this just 10 minutes ago for someone else”. And within 10 minutes we left the store with both the new phones active and return labels printed for our Trade Ins.
  13. We mailed back the old phones and went on with our lives for a week or two and then received confirmation that Assurant has received and accepted the trade ins.
  14. I received my December Bill and noticed that my bill had increased over $130 compared to my normal bill.
  15. I reviewed all the details on the bill and noticed that all four iPhones (the original 13 pro & 13 pro max and also the new 15 pro & 15 pro max) appeared as active devices and lines, along with our two tablets and 1 watch data line.
  16. I called Customer service and asked why the old devices and two new lines were on my bill.
  17. I then had to explain all the above to the customer service representative.
  18. The agent explained to me that the issue was that Assurant was going to reject the traded in devices because there were still 4 payments left on each device. I explained that that did not make any sense because they already accepted the two old devices. They mentioned that must have been an exception that they made and that from the Assurant End all of this would need to be cleared up.
  19. The agent said we would call Assurant together to find a resolution.
  20. Once we connected with Assurant, I noticed the ‘Tier II Xfinity Mobile’ agent had dropped off of the call.
  21. The Assurant agent asked me what was going on.
  22. I then had to explain all the above to the customer service representative.
  23. The Assurant agent told me there was nothing they could do on their end, everything was good, this was a Xfinity Mobile Issue.
  24. I got off the phone and took a one-day break from the issue because it was beginning to cause me a great deal of stress and anxiety.
  25. I received a survey asking my how my Xfinity customer service was via text, and I replied ‘0’ – Terrible, worst service I’ve ever experienced.
  26. I received an email from another Xfinity Agent the next day in consumer relations, asking me if there was a time, I would be available to call and discuss what happened.
  27. I provided three different times that day I was available and never heard anything back.
  28. I called back into customer support a day or so later to try to resolve the issue with someone else.
  29. I then had to explain all the above to the customer service representative.
  30. She expressed what felt like a heartfelt apology and asked me to stay on the phone with her while she reviewed and resolved everything.
  31. I was on the phone for almost an hour and then she reported that she had documented everything and that it had been escalated to a top manager, who could resolve the entire issue, but it would take another couple of hours.
  32. I gave her my phone number so she could call me back after it had all been resolved.
  33. I never heard from her again.
  34. I received a survey asking me how my Xfinity customer service was via text, and I replied ‘0’ – Terrible, worst service I’ve ever experienced.
  35. I received an email from another Xfinity Agent the next day in consumer relations, asking me if there was a time, I would be available to call and discuss what happened.
  36. I replied to the email and let them know I was still waiting for a response from the last email I sent and never heard anything back.
  37. I called back into customer support a day or so later to try to resolve the issue with someone else.
  38. I then had to explain all the above to the customer service representative.
  39. Now another agent expressed what felt like a heartfelt apology and asked me to stay on the phone with him while he reviewed and resolved everything.
  40. I was on the phone for almost an hour and then he reported that it would take another couple of hours.
  41. I gave him my phone number so she could call me back after it had all been resolved.
  42. I never heard from him again.
  43. Now my due date for my payment has passed (as of 12/15) and I have loaded a dummy credit card into billing card to prevent myself from being overcharged the ~+$130 that I am sure I would never get back. Now I am receiving emails stating my service will be interrupted in 5 days(on Christmas) if I do not pay my balance in full, even though there are services and devices listed on the account that I do not have, and I have not used.

This email marks the 8th time I have explained these events and at this point I have determined it is easier to take the time to type it out, because I am tired of saying it out loud.

I feel that Xfinity has opted to bully me into a situation where I can decide to give them additional money for services and products not delivered and out of my possession or forfeit the ability to communicate with my children, family and loved ones because my service will be disconnected.

This is the most blatant, disgusting & disparaging Customer Service I have ever received.

How can I be heard?

How can I get this issue resolved?

How can I move on with my life?

Christmas is in five days, and I have spent over 20 hours trying to resolve this issue over the past several weeks.

Please hear me, please see me, please help me.

Best Regards,

Jahvon Hammond

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here