U

Saturday, July 13th, 2024 12:50 PM

Be Aware of the Billing Scam

Few years back to reduce the cost of the mobile bill from $15 to $10 I came from tmobile to Xfinility , the catch his data part they say till 1 GB is 10$ now that also increase to $20 but they will not stop after 1 GB usage and that is in your control they say , how with the new phone updates and downloads it will always cross that 1 GB and bill will shoot up to 45 to 70$ per month for less than 3 GB usage. I saw the bill history and found last 2 years I paid more than 2K for this i can unlimited data plan with the other vendors here with all restriction end up paying same amount. Pl  look your monthly bill regularly and save the hard earned money not to scammed by this gimmick way of billing model.

Problem Solver

• 

488 Messages

2 months ago

@user_a6ws97 The by-the-gig plan is mainly for people that don't use much data. And are most always on a Wi-Fi connection at home or work (that doesn't use cellular data). When at home, you should always be connected to your Wi-Fi network. That doesn't use or count towards your cellular data bucket. Only when you are away from home and not connected to Wi-Fi. You also have the option to switch to an unlimited plan before your billing cycle ends to avoid the overage charges.

If you are on the road a lot, and using cellular data, perhaps an unlimited plan would be better for you.

3 Messages

when you by-the-gig plan. i choose 1 GB  than why the data is throttling or give a Waring toy reached max need to buy additional data instead of you decide to keep providing data and charge the customer this is very bad business practice there could millions of customers came to xfinity for $10 to $15 bill  without know this big catch of data is growing without your knowledge  , as i said most of the time the usage is just shoot  1.2 GB by some auto app update and you charge double the amount , have a  transparent  business model .

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_a6ws97, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. Let us know if you would like some assistance with your Xfinity Mobile concerns. We would be happy to go over your options with you and explain the best way to save with Xfinity Mobile. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Best option i found it , I canceled the service and moved to another transparent service provider without any scam model like by-the-gig plan , i hope you guys review the plans and make it more customer centric not rip off there hard earned money.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_a6ws97, Thank you for letting us know. I wish you the best. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

13 Messages

@XfinityAngie​ I need to go back to $35 for 3GB, the 'upgrade plan' scam hiked my bill from $55 to $95 for 3.01 GB used so far.

$35 (1GB) + $60 (3 GB) for 3.01 GB.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here