U

Friday, December 29th, 2023 8:53 PM

Closed

bait and switch

I called to inquire about the price of home internet plans before moving to a new address. I spent at least an hour on the phone with a representative that offered a plan that provided home internet and mobile for approximately $23 a month after ACP credits, bundled discounts and automatic payment discounts. I agreed to this plan after asking many questions and verifying that the information provided to me was accurate. The sales rep assisted while I reapplied for ACP while on the phone with her. She told me that I was approved and again verified the $23 monthly payment ($17 for unlimited mobile and $5 for home internet). 

While on the phone and after providing my bank card info, I was charged $25. I questioned the rep about this charge and she assured me that it would be refunded or credited to my account. 

I had great difficulty getting my phone set up after receiving my sim card, requiring multiple hours on the telephone with numerous Comcast support representatives. Upon receiving information regarding my first bill through email, I noticed that I would be charged another $45 on my first bill. I attempted to resolve this before the bill was due, again spending hours on the phone with Comcast, speaking to numerous representatives that transferred me to other departments, kept me on hold, some reps even hung up. No resolution. 

I tried resolving the issue again in the days before the payment was to be taken from my bank account with same results from Comcast support. Hours on the phone, holding, being told information that differed from what I was sold and each representative giving different information. 

I went into a local Comcast store to try to resolve the issue only to be told that my ACP was not being credited to my account and that was the reason behind the charges I had not originally agreed to. I filled out a second ACP application, was approved and waited again for it to be credited to my account. Instead, I received an email detailing how I was still being wrongfully billed and called support again. 

I spent hours on the phone, being transferred around. Finally, the fourth representative agreed that my bill should have been exactly what I was sold. He then attempted to reach out to other departments to resolve the issue while I stayed on the line. Each representative forwarded him to another department, gave conflicting information, and one rep even hung up on him. 

He then took it upon himself to try to sort out the issue without keeping me on the line. At this point, I had spent more than 15 hours on the phone with different support employees and no resolution. He eventually called me back to tell me that Comcast cannot bill me the way that they had promised when I agreed to they plan they offered and I switched from a provider that I was satisfied with to Comcast-which has been nothing but hellish to deal with. 

I told the helpful representative that Comcast needed to fix this, that this was a bait and switch tactic and highly illegal. If the issue could not be resolved that I would be filing a complaint with the FTC and reaching out to my state representative for additional assistance dealing with Comcast moving forward because I could not afford the time and stress that the hours on the phone with Comcast that are taking a serious toll on my health. They've had me in tears and I'm now having panic attacks and nightmares from trying to resolve this issue with no end in sight. He assured me that he would be escalating the issue further and someone would be reaching out to me. That was over a week ago. I have tried to be patient considering the holiday season. 

Today, I sent another email to the representative that has been trying his best to assist me. I have not yet gotten a reply but I'm at the end of my rope with Comcast. I want to speak to someone with the authority to correct my account information to reflect the plans that I was sold and that I agreed to. There are no useful contact numbers to speak to anyone with authority to correct Comcast's mistake. I'm not dealing with anymore agents in India that lie, send you in a never ending loop of hold and transfer techniques or hang up when I express any frustration with how they all have been giving me the runaround. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

9 months ago

Hello @user_upfjai, and thanks for reaching out for assistance with your billing issue. I appologize you have had so much trouble getting the billing straight, and I would be happy to help get this straightened out as quick as possible. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

1 Message

7 months ago

I am going through nearly the exact same thing. 

I asked for an American agent and was told to hang up and try again, only to be transferred back to an offshore agent in the Philippines, then back to India.  I, too, told the agent they were pulling the exact same bait and switch tactic on me after they had me agree to a contract and then told me later after hanging up on me that I had to pay for additional services.  
I asked what was the purpose of signing a binding contract if your company can retroactively charge more less than 5 minutes after I requested to be transferred to make the first prorated payment.  

scam

2 Messages

File a complaint with the fcc, ftc, or bbb. Comcast will then reach out to you through their executive customer service. DO NOT waste any more time with regular customer service, they will just send you into a circular loop of pure [Edited: "Language"] and you’ll get nowhere. Even with executive customer service, it took weeks and multiple calls but it’ll be the same rep working on your issue until it’s sorted and they’ll speak perfect English. My issue was finally straightened out and they credited my account retroactively. It took about 70-80 hours on the phone to accomplish this altogether but if you follow my instructions, you might be able to save yourself all the aggravation and hassle I went through. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here