U

Tuesday, September 26th, 2023 1:41 PM

Closed

Awful experience and I need resolution

I pre ordered the iPhone 15 pro max with an online chat help.  They were unable to put it in as an upgrade.  They assured me multiple times that if they ordered it under a new line, that it would be simple to transfer it to my existing line and it would be seamless.  I now have the phone and am told that I am unable to port it to my existing number.  Rep at the Xfinity store told me that the online chat rep was wrong and now I have to return the new phone that I unboxed.  I still do not have the return email and I am extremely frustrated.  I just want to be able to use my new phone with my existing number.

2 Messages

1 year ago

Why can no one help me

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_77d7f1.

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

162 Messages

1 year ago

Honestly don't know how to help since what you're writing is very confusing. There should be no reason (and that's barring missing info in your post) you can't port your number to it but it will be considered an upgrade and you won't get the discount. And that's only if it's from another carrier. If the number is attached to another Xfinity Mobile phone that you're still paying for and you port it out you will owe the balance on that phone. So say if it's a free phone but you port the number out, you'll have to pay whatever is owed that you were getting monthly device credits for. But as I said, seems to be a lot of missing info here. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here