U

Friday, February 16th, 2024 10:53 PM

Closed

Awful customer service with a different explanation/plan moving forward every time I call

I have now been in contact with Xfinity customer service since December at this point. Upon traveling, I signed up for/agreed to the $10/day international plan charge. When I got my bill, I saw the expected charge added to my bill AND an additional $111 charge that said "roaming". When I called xfinity, I was told:

Call 1: Our mistake! We charged you twice. That will be fixed before your auto pay is scheduled.

Call 2: The auto pay occurred and the charge WASN'T fixed. They said "Sorry about that, we will refund you the charge. It should take up to 6 business days". 

Call 3: 6 business days passed, I called for an update. They told me the charge is valid so I won't be refunded. I asked for an escalation since this isn't what I was told during my first two calls. They told me I would receive an email or call when a decision is reached.

Call 4: Almost 2 weeks pass, I call to ask for an update. They tell me they will make sure my refund is processed BEFORE I GET OFF THE PHONE. After 40 minutes on the phone, she tells me the refund is processed and I should wait 10 minutes, refresh my online account, and I'll see the "credit".

Call 5: No refund to my card or credit to my account, The representative said there is no record of my latest call and that there was a decision made that I WON'T be getting the refund. I am transferred because I'd like to explain the situation to the escalations team. The new representative states that she DOES have a record of my last call and that she does see I've been told multiple different things based on the representative notes. She tells me she will escalate the issue. I request that the multiple phonecall recordings be reviewed. She reassured me the calls will be reviewed and she personally will call me "tomorrow" to let me know of the resolution. 

It has now been 10 business days and I have not received a call back. I am ready to report this awful customer service, false promises, and inconsistent information to the Better Business Bureau as I have repeatedly been told I'd be refunded, be called back, be allowed to explain my case and have been unable to reach the right person to do so. It is absolutely awful that I've spend 2+ hours on the phone and have been told so many different things. At this point, without a refund, I am switching my internet and phone plan as well as filing a formal complaint. 

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

7 months ago

Hello @user_pmaxh7! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

4 Messages

@XfinityTy​ 

There are 6 icons on the top right of the page, none of which are a direct message icon. Is there an email I can send a direct message to?

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Thanks for letting us know! Under those 6 icons should be another 3 and the first one would be the "Direct Message" icon that looks like a chat symbol. If you do not see it, you may need to log out and then back in as it looks like this if your first post that unlocks those options.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Hi, I found the option but it is making me enter a recipient for the chat. What should I be entering for the recipient? 

4 Messages

7 months ago

I can empathize with you because I have had a similar experience with Xfinity mobile. False promises, extra charges, lies, horrible customer service and support.  I will be switching at the first possible moment and never use Xfinity mobile again. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here