Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 29th, 2023 4:09 AM

Closed

ATTN: [Edited] - Unsupported Devices - Samsung S8 - [Edited]

5/27/2023

To whom it May concern:

This is one of the shameful day, I felt fooled . I shifted from Tmobile to Xfinity mobile for me and my wife's phone believing your advertisement.
We had Samsung Galaxy S8 phones and your published Advertised statements claims that Samsung S8 will be supported by Xfinity mobile connection.
The sales guys at your Fremont center sold me the SIM cards assuring me  that it work seamlessly with out any issues.

I changed the Xfinity SIM in both of my Samsung S8 phones  and tried the best to activate them.
I tried network reset, Phone restart, pulling SIM and pushing it back nothing really worked.
After drilling  down at the Xfinity Sunnyvale store   for 3 hours , I was shocked that my phones are incompatible. I left handicapped with out any registered mobile connection.
I came to know this incompatiblity issue after I had no phones working. 

I was forced to opt only the phones listed in your shops.
The worst part is , I am not eligible for any discount/promotions on any of the phones for these new lines. 
I am puzzled that "How an incompatible IMEI number gets registered with your system and becomes a Xfinity  line and my discounts to any new phone from your store will be denied"

I attached here is a 
1. screen shot of the registered  phone numbers listed in your site as connected devices though they are incompatible.
2. Screen shot of the compatibility test

This is a complete conflict in your system , On one side you say they are connected devices, and the other side you say it is not compatible.

1. I am left in a position to force buy one of your listed phones
2. I am denied of any existing offers on a new phone  for a new line from Tmobile to Xfinity  

This is a pseudo scam to pull people and leave them stray  ,I felt I am cheated and fooled.I am completely humilated with this scheme
In this grave situation , I like to thank the Sunnyvale Xfinity center and Team for helping me to root cause this issue.

5/28/2023

Since I had no other options , I bought two iphones from sunnyvale store, 

I was denied of any discounts , due to your complete discrepancy  in your system , On one side you say they are connected devices, and the other side you say it is not compatible.

Regards
Sivakumar [Edited: "Personal Information"]
Divya [Edited: "Personal Information"]

Official Employee

• 

232 Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @user_fd9508. This is definitely not the experience we want for our customers. We would be happy to look further into this with you. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here