esrun2441's profile

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

Friday, May 8th, 2020 7:00 PM

Closed

Apple Watch (S5) stuck on page 3/4 for cellular set up. Help get me hooked up to cellular please.

I am trying to connect brand new Apple Watch Series 5 (from xfinity) to my iPhone X, got them paired, all up to date. No updates needed that I can see anywhere. 

I tried to pair them once, it got to page 4/4, but then it sat long enough and the screen locked. When I unlocked it it had gone back to the "connect to cellular" screen. 

Since then when I try it gets to page 3/4 (Address Saved), I click "Complete Activation," the bar turns into a loading bar, then just turns back into "Complete Activation." Over and over and over. I have unpaired and tried all over again, turn off both devices, waited 20 min, turn them on, waited another 20 min for good measure and tried again.

Same result over, and over. Online chat has been literally useless and a waste of time just quoting the online tutorials over and over again that I have already read countless times. 

I am at a total loss, and this is the main feature I upgraded from a series 1 watch for 😞

Please help!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

Finally got to page 4/4 "You're almost there!"

it has been on that page for over an hour...

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I’m having the same issue 😭😭😭😭

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Also having this issue I noticed it is not going anywehre after page 4/4 when i got there After being stuck on 3/4.

Thinking about switching back to Verizon as I was told by Xfinity rep last night hmm thats weird just wait 12 hours and try again we are having activation issues.

Its starting to seem their is a reason other cell carriers are more expensive....

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

Yeah, it seems this issue regularly pops up on these forums, somehow they all get a quick fix, then it pops up again, this seems to keep happening. 

I really really don't want to switch back to VZW, but if it means i pay $20 more a month, but can actually use my devices as intended I might have to if there is no fix for this.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Completely agree. Unfortunte I went with xfinity internet tv and mobile because it was about the same as what I paid VZ I guess you live and learn

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I’m stuck with xfinty Mobile For a while I have 17 more payments on my phone so this Bad for me

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I dont get why its a constant issue with this.

Seems like it should be straight forward

Thats unfortunate thankfully I owe them nothing I own both the phone and the watch.

They walked me through pairing it and said you can use it just keep your phone nearby. Id bought a fitbit if thats what I was buying it for.

After I advised that was not the issue the issue was getting the cell to activate on the watch.

Said they created case with higher level take 24 hours to get a response.

Ill give them a shot that dont work back to Verizon. 

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

I finally got to someone who is helping over the phone, it's sounds like I am gonna be put into a ticket.

Atleast the person on the phone I got to has been super nice and actually acts like the want to help, the change agents were so frustrating. 

She said it sounds like I may have to have a ticket open and they will have to manually build the packet that tells my watch its attached to my phonelines data etc etc. 

And yeah I have a series 1, so I agree, if I wanted to be teathered to my phone I would have happily stayed with my series one. The big allure was EKG, and being able to go on runs, bike rides, etc etc without needing to bulk my phone around. Also if I ever forget it it's no big deal cuz the watch will do everything on it's own etc etc. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Exactly completely agreed. Maybe I should call also. The chat person said that they created me a ticket but they say alot. What number did you call?

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

I just called their main contact number, on the normal xfinity site. Then when the voice asked what I needed help with I said "Mobile"

It transfered me to a mobile line, there was a whole thing about COVID, then I heard hold music. Every now and then it would pop in and say "you're wait time is more than 40 minutes" but it was really only a 20 minute wait or so.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

They get your watch working for you?

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

not yet

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm stuck on p4/4, You're almost there! I wish. Been here a half a dozen times now. Xfinity support was no help. Factory reset the watch, re paired, cycle wifi, cycle watch, turn off phone watch, cycle phone. nothing helps. Anybody got this working?

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

Same as you, I have tried it all. I have been with support on the phone, in chat, on reddit, and now attempting here, I have had a ticket open for 48 hours and haven't heard anything back yet. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

3rd on that also having same issue with a ticket open also heard nothing back

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here