U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, May 9th, 2023 2:50 AM

Closed

Apple Watch calls go to Voice Mail but can make calls from Watch when away from phone

Purchased 2 Apple Watches directly from Apple 2 years ago and after many calls with Xfinity got both of watches working with cellular. Recently when watches are away from phones calls can be made from Watch but cannot be received-calls go right to voicemail. 
After 4 calls with Apple and 5 with Xfinity problem still exists. Apple thinks the eSims on the watches need to be re-provisioned. Tech support is terrible, they cannot figure it out. 

Can you help with this issue? 
Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Greetings @user_baddc2, and thank you for your detailed question regarding receiving calls on your Apple Watch when you're away from your iPhone. You're feedback is appriciated as well. I located this Apple support article that shares more info about using your Apple Watch without your phone nearby, which may help.

I don't show receiving phone calls listed under the section listed "If your Apple Watch can't connect to Wi-Fi, cellular, or your iPhone". Meaning that to receive calls on your Apple Watch you'll want to be sure your watch is connected to Wi-Fi, or cellular data. And, that you phone is connected to your watch. The range of Bluetooth is around 30 feet, but mileage may vary depending on obstacles in the way such as metals, walls, etc. I hope this info helps!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityThomasA​ 

Thanks for your reply. After spending 15 hours on this issue (2 hrs with Apple and 13 with Xinfity, including 3 hours at a store). Both SIM cards were replaced on phones, watches removed and put back on network, restarted 2x and finally shutting down phones 3x in a row. Now both cellular watches communicate when away from phone’s Bluetooth range.

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

@user_baddc2 Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear that both watches can now communicate when away from the phone's Bluetooth range. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

How about a process improvement to reduce the excessive amount of time it took to fix this issue? Very costly on your end, very annoying on mine.

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

@user_baddc2 I understand your frustration. We appriciate the feedback it helps us grow and improve. I'm glad that we were able to resolve the issue. If you need anything else we are here to help. 

I no longer work for Comcast. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here