U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, June 27th, 2021 4:13 PM

Closed

Apple Watch Activation

Have been waiting on pending activation for 36 hours. The watch app on my iphone say "Sorry, looks like we are having technical difficulties. Please try again. I have tried restore, reboot, repair. Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

33 Messages

3 years ago

I use my Apple Watch every day so I understand wanting it active as soon as possible! Please give our dedicated Xfinity Mobile Team a call or text at 888-936-4968 for assistance with activation. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem here- I’ve called and been transferred 8 times (yes, 8) with no resolution. It has been 4 days of no cellular activation on the watch, and no one has a solution. I keep getting passed along to “wait 36 hours for xyz solution.” ….still nothing. 
Not knowing too much of the technical issues, it looks like their system is trying to set it up as a phone with a physical SIM card rather than the eSIM for the watch. 
Has anyone been helped with this issue? I’m about to drop xfinity mobile for getting such a run around.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

still no resolution after multiple calls with the Mobile Team

Official Employee

• 

33 Messages

I use my watch every day so I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with your watch activation. Please send us a Direct Message by following the steps below so we can assist.

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message.
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue. No resolution since July 18. Did you get yours resolved?

Official Employee

• 

49 Messages

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time out to express your concerns and we are sorry for the delay. In order to help with your concerns, you would need to reach out to our mobile experts at either https://comca.st/3yw0L9f or through (888) 936-4968. Let us know if you have any issues with either of these options. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am experiencing this issue as well in trying to activate cellular for the Apple Watch 7.  I’ve had the Apple Watch 5 on my account for a couple years and took the plunge to upgrade.  I was on the phone with support for 2 hours on Friday. Yesterday I spent 2 hours at an Xfinity retail center for assistance.  The process was able to be initiated but then hung up on activating the SIM card.   After 4 hours of activation attempt, I then got the error message.  I then called Xfinity and spoke with an agent who then directed me to an upper level agent who worked with me.  We even contacted Apple support.  Apple support stated the new watch had no hardware issues and that this was an Xfinity issue.  The watch is paired to my iPhone but I cannot get the cellular activated.  We reset the watch, unpaired, paired, unpaired.  We checked to ensure the phone and watch had the latest operating systems and we reset the phone as well.  Xfinity removed the Apple Watch 5 from my account to ensure that that wasn’t causing the issue.  So as it currently stands, I have the Apple Watch 7 paired to my phone but cannot activate cellular. This is the screen message: 

To activate your watch on Xfinity Mobile, we'll need to
get some basic information, and add a line to your
account.
Get Started
Sorry, looks like we are having technical difficulties.
Please try again.

Problem Solver

• 

571 Messages

Hi, @user_9642f8 So sorry to hear you that you are having troubles pairing your Apple Watch to your phone. Let's take a closer look. Please send us a direct message with your full name and address to assist you further.

To send a Direct Message:

Ensure you are logged in

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3DVWKwZ

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

(Credit to @BruceW)

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I too am having an issue adding the watch to my account.  Were you able to successfully add your new Apple Watch 7?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@user_9642f8 

Same here.  Total of 8 hours spent on the phone with xfinity rinse and repeat the same steps.  Tickets opened with guidance they will call back…never happens.  As of now a brand new Apple 7 watch refuses to work in xfinity and support just does the same thing over again.

“Sorry, looks like we are having technical difficulties. Please try again.”

Contributor

• 

294 Messages

3 years ago

use the form mentioned here:
https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-mobile/apple-watch-activation-issue/611695ddc7b0494106c61796?page=2

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

The old thread was locked a day ago, which is sad as the problem has not been resolved at all.  Since October 15, Xfinity has been unable to activate my Apple Watch 7 purchased from Xfinity, and there is no ETA whatsoever.  It's a total embarrassment.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@polymathic  

[Edited: "Language"] They still haven’t fixed it for me either. And they keep telling me different things I actually had one representative tell me I needed to unpair my watch and pair it up to 10 times. I was also told by  another technician it would be activated within 72 hours and it’s on day five now with still no luck. I’m so sick of Xfinity mobile and I’m so ready to switch to Verizon! I’ve gotten 10 different answers and I’ve spent multiple hours through their chats and over the phone with no success. I do not feel heard and I do not feel like the problem is going to be resolved.Have you gotten yours activated yet? I spoke with a lady from their “higher” department who advised me that this has been a problem for all Apple Watch series 7 not just Xfinity but every mobile carrier. Pretty sure this was a lie as I have not read anything online about this or heard about it elsewhere.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

My issue has likewise not been resolved. They advised me it would be escalated and that someone would call me.  I haven’t heard anything.  Very disappointing. 

Contributor

• 

294 Messages

3 years ago

It took 8 business days for mine to go through the process and a couple of days to get the first call about it.  Don't talk to the default support - they cannot help.  Do not repeatedly pair / un-pair your watch - that's a waste of time.  Do not call Apple.  Do not go to the Xfinity store.  You can do all of that, but none of it helps. 

You must contact the team who can add your watch to the "inventory of legit watches" so that it can be activated.  That entire process takes several days, but it does seem to work.  I used a form to do it and now there's another topic where supposedly a phone number will get you to the right people.  If they start asking to do any of the above things that don't work, then you aren't talking to the right people; the right ones know exactly what to do and they'll verify your watch IMEI and you won't need to do anything else until you get the email saying your watch is activated.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here