U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, August 13th, 2021 3:55 PM

Closed

Apple Watch Activation issue

I am beyond frustrated with the process of connecting my new apple watch to xfinity mobile.  I go through the pairing process and when adding cellular service get a message from xfinity saying "Uh-oh! something went wrong. We ran into a problem during the activation process and your information was not saved.  Please restart activation.  If this problem persists, contact customer support"

Well I've tried multiple times and the problem persists.  I called customer support last night and we tried un pairing, erasing, and re pairing my watch.  This did not work.  At this point the call was lost and I had to start again.  The new support person could not pickup where we left off.  so again we tried re pairing again it did not work.  at this point I had been on for almost two hour and the rep decided it was apples problem.  I was transferred to apple, apple explained my phone was paired correctly and if the cellular service was not working it was an Xfinity issue.  In fact they person mentioned that it isn't the first time they have dealt with this issue with an Xfinity user.  It was 10 pm so I decided to go to bed and try again in the morning.

Today we went through the same process for an hour with Xfinity.  The reps while very nice had no idea what they are doing and suggested they needed to send me a sim card for my Apple Watch to fix the issue.  Apple Watches have an e-sim and no slot for a physical sim card.  I explained this multiple times and was put on hold.  I was then mysteriously transferred to Apple again without my knowledge, nor the consent of the apple agent as the Xfinity rep explained the issue to Apple while i was on hold and was told by apple it is not an apple issue.  I was then transferred without any explanation from the rep.

I just need my apple watch to be added to my account.  

Contributor

• 

294 Messages

3 years ago

The Verizon IMEI check is a great tip, if not with somewhat demoralizing results. :( 

Check Your Device's IMEI | Bring Your Own Device to Verizon

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

So last year and this year I experienced the same issue with problems getting my Apple Watch to connect to my Xfinity.  To my future self and all of you!  For some reason Xfinity has to keep doing this and they have not made it now “written” as the problem!  There is no SIM card for the watch it is a virtual number, from my being told is that the whatever department needs to create one for the IMEI number and then VIOLA you can connect.  Takes about 3-5 days for this department to do so.   This year I kept trying to say listen I remember an issue last year and something had to be done.  So to me in the future they have to create a virtual SIM card.  Next year I plan to use different wording in hopes they get on it instead of 3 days and try this waste of time as still same errors and actually 13 hours I think I have a tally of being on the phone being bounced around in the Xfinity support team world.  One would think they would realize this is a problem after reading so much here on and it would be written in as a solution.  I can’t imagine any of the watches go through with no issues!

Contributor

• 

294 Messages

3 years ago

With the IMEI check, be careful to enter the number correctly - don't paste from Xfinity web or it will truncate the last digit.  Here's what I get:

"The phone associated with the Device ID you entered is not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network."  Not sure if that means the phone paired to the watch or "the watch".

My wife's active watch on Xfinity shows :" The device Id associated with the device cannot be activated with this service." hmm...

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Nearly two weeks on, and I'm still waiting for my watch to be activated.  It's truly an embarrassment.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

So glad to have found this forum. I have literally tried the normal means of support that has taken over a month and still no resolution. It really is amazing, I had already started pricing out a carrier switch because this couldn't be resolved.

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

It’s exactly why I switched carriers I’m now with T-Mobile and in general very happy and no issues at all connecting my Apple Watch Series 6

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

UPDATE! I HAD THIS ISSUE FOR 3 MONTHS..... i bought the watch from xfinity. 

Spoke to so many customer reps tier 1 and 2, supervisors and local store staff. Wasted so many hours of my time trying to get the watch on the cellular network. I came to this post and looked over how many people were having the same problem astounding but very informative. 

I can say that i contacted xfinity from this form . https://support.xfinity.com/svp-contact-form. like previously provided and got helped the same day.

Received an email within an hour with a ticket number and someone called me within 2.

He resolved the issue in about 5 days. 

We did have to go through some of the common steps done by regular customer reps but then he got to work and resolved the issue.

Now the watch is working fully again.

Definitely try the form.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same issues except we get to the last step to complete activation it starts the process and kicks me back to press the button again to complete activation no error messages. This is day two of being on the phone with xfinity and them telling me to cal apple and apple telling me it’s the carrier’s issue. So now I have to physically go to the store tomorrow and hope that the rep I get can fix it. Best part is this is for my wife’s watch mine hasn’t arrived…great! Probably need to go through this twice. What’s the point of providing a self activation app to the customer that doesn’t work.

Contributor

• 

294 Messages

@user_216490 - the "go to the store" ruse is nonsense - we've been down that road before.  Please report back if that helps you, but I don't believe it will.  They will tell you to do a million things to waste your time because they don't have the experience or training or information on what this problem really is - which after a few years of it, at least, is astonishing.  I'm still waiting after a week and no further response beyond the one call back I got.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Left the store with no results being told call apple. (Store is on Monterey Road in SAn Jose CA) Just got off the phone with apple and after an hour they say it’s not a hardware problem it’s the cell service providers issue 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here