U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, August 13th, 2021 3:55 PM

Closed

Apple Watch Activation issue

I am beyond frustrated with the process of connecting my new apple watch to xfinity mobile.  I go through the pairing process and when adding cellular service get a message from xfinity saying "Uh-oh! something went wrong. We ran into a problem during the activation process and your information was not saved.  Please restart activation.  If this problem persists, contact customer support"

Well I've tried multiple times and the problem persists.  I called customer support last night and we tried un pairing, erasing, and re pairing my watch.  This did not work.  At this point the call was lost and I had to start again.  The new support person could not pickup where we left off.  so again we tried re pairing again it did not work.  at this point I had been on for almost two hour and the rep decided it was apples problem.  I was transferred to apple, apple explained my phone was paired correctly and if the cellular service was not working it was an Xfinity issue.  In fact they person mentioned that it isn't the first time they have dealt with this issue with an Xfinity user.  It was 10 pm so I decided to go to bed and try again in the morning.

Today we went through the same process for an hour with Xfinity.  The reps while very nice had no idea what they are doing and suggested they needed to send me a sim card for my Apple Watch to fix the issue.  Apple Watches have an e-sim and no slot for a physical sim card.  I explained this multiple times and was put on hold.  I was then mysteriously transferred to Apple again without my knowledge, nor the consent of the apple agent as the Xfinity rep explained the issue to Apple while i was on hold and was told by apple it is not an apple issue.  I was then transferred without any explanation from the rep.

I just need my apple watch to be added to my account.  

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Just to update this thread should others have the same issue.  I finally have my Apple Watch activated on Xfinity Mobile as of yesterday.  I was on vacation for a week a few days after first attempting to activate my watch and creating this initial post.  While I was told my ticket was escalated and I would get a call back in 24-48 hours that never happened.  When I returned form vacation after over a week with no response from Xfinity Mobile support I decided to try a new approach.  I sent an email to a comcast executive expressing my frustration with the process an the poor customer service I was receiving.  I got an email from executive escalations later that day asking for my contact info and account information.  I received a call shortly after responding from Salinthia on the XM Executive Resolution team.  This is where for the first time some actual progress was made.  Salinthia asked me to go over the issue with her then said she would call me back in a few hours.  I was skeptical but to my surprise she did call back.  She actually called 4 times that day to update me on what she was doing and/or request more information from me.  At the end of the day she had identified the issue.  For some reason my watch was not listed in Verizon's device inventory and could not be activated.  Xfinity had to put in a ticket with Verizon to get the watch added to their inventory.  I was told that unfortunately this request would take 1-2 weeks.

Researching this further it seems this is common with verizon when moving from another network to verizon, though my watch was newly purchased from apple so I'm not sure why it wasnt available.  From my research it seems this can be just as painful to get completed when dealing with verizon CS as they also don't know what they are doing either.  Though it is an instant fix if you get the right representative.  It was at this point I decided to wait the 1-2 weeks in hopes it would be easier than switching carriers and potentially facing the same issue.

Fast forward to last Friday and I try to add my watch again and to my surprise I don't get the "uh-oh" error but instead the process just times out and doesn't complete.  Being a long weekend I was unable to get back in touch with customer service until yesterday.  I called Salinthia and explained what was going on currently and after a bit more research she determined my watch was now available to be added to my account.  She at this point still had to manually add the watch as it still wouldn't work through the standard process, but it was finally added.

All in all I'm happy to have this resolved, and can not run without having to bring my phone.  While the underlying issue appeared to be an issue with the Verizon network they run on and out of Xfinity's control, that is not an excuse for the extremely poor customer service.  I shouldn't have to email the C-suite just to get on the phone with someone who can do more than read a script and not actual escalate an issue when they say they will. 

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

Like many here I have the exact same issue. Tier 3 is working on mine…it’s been about 12 days and no answer yet. Apple ran diagnostics on my series 6 and as I knew all along, no problems with the watch. This is an XM issue. Yes great prices with XM but, 1/2 the service is working. So not so great…They gave me full credit for my bill while they’re still working the problem. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have same issue. Apple Watch  5 was on sprint/T-Mobile.  Got new xfinity plan and activated new phone and old watch. Could not get watch to work. Unpaired/ repaired like 10 times.  Finally got transferred to Apple rep that screen shared to my phone then told that me an ICCID number (watch app/ my watch/general/about) was missing on Apple watch. Called xfinity techie tech and told him what she said and come to find out after hours and hours that my watch is NOT compatible with the Xfinity mobile service.  Great. Who knew 😕🙁

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_6ed7e4   Checked the IMEI of Apple Watch on xfinity compatibility site and guess what?  It’s not compatible. WTF. Their ads say to bring your own watch.  

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

I guarantee your watch is compatible! This is an Xfinity Mobile issue

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @user_752612 and any others seeking assistance for this issue. 

For assistance with your concerns about the Apple watch, you would need to contact our Xfinity Mobile support center via any of the following methods:

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

I definitely do apologize if that hasn't resulted in a resolution just yet, over forums though, that is our next step and recommendation for you. 

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

@XfinityChristina 

thanks for your input here but your regular mobile support department cannot help in these matters. Tier 3 or Verizon needs to be involved in this because regular support is unable to deep dive into the problem

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thanks. They just escalated it for me. I really don’t want to have to cancel the service but I need my cellular on my watch.  Everyone has been very helpful - just nothing has worked.  

(edited)

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityChristina 

ive already done that. This is day 4 without a solution. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_6ed7e4 I have come to find out that when you join xfinity you can only have 5 lines to start with. I’ve had all 5 lines with phones only for 4-5 months now and they keep telling me it takes a while for your account to be open to more lines. I think smart watches should be an exception. So I must wait longer to have my Apple Watch added. 🤨

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Whoa- we must be living the exact same experience!! I even sent the watch I’m for repairs (went to the apple store). A week later it was returned and still no hope to connecting cellular. Why isn’t xfinity figuring this out? It seems to be more common than they think! Urgh

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_ad9386 I’m giving it till the end of the week and then I’ll be finding a new provider. Visible wireless (owned by Verizon) is looking tempting. 

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

I seriously doubt they support Apple Watch

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_bcc6f8  Visible does support apple watch and its actually cheaper per month $5 vs $10 to add it to your line.  I read a lot of poor reviews based on porting in your number though.  Based on that and the fact that the underlying issue ended up being with the Verizon network itself I decided to wait it out with XM.  Thankful things are finally resolved.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

have you had any luck? i am still trying to get mine working as well... two months later..

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

@Stone1288 two months is a long time to wait I think I would be switching carriers. I’m giving it a little bit longer see if I get an answer by the end of the week if not I think I’ll be switching carriers; others should probably consider doing the same if they can’t get their watch working too…

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

And again Xfinity mobile is a great deal but not if you’re only getting half your services

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I just bought an Apple Watch 6 with GPS and cellular and I was able to get cellular service on it. The problem is that I had to replace the watch I bought and when I went through the pairing process with the new watch and set up the cellular service again, I now have 2 watches on my xfinity account. I had successfully unpaired and disconnected the xfinity cellular service when I returned the original watch. I'm working with xfinity now to see if we can delete the old phone.  However, we can't figure out which watch is which.  The watch names on the account shows "AppleWatch####" but have no idea which is the original that needs to be disconnected.  I'll probably have to call Apple. 

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

@user_e2ec78 you better make sure that they don’t 

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

Sorry I think that post got cut off just make sure that they don’t deactivate your good watch or you’re going to run into problems again. I never could reactivate my Apple Watch Series 6 that Xfinity mobile deactivated; even after an escalation I never heard back from anyone that’s why I left Xfinity mobile

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

If you log into your XM account on an actual computer and go to the billing tab you can see the "orders" by date the orders give the name of the watch that you are adding "AppleWatch####" the name is generated by XM as part of the order not Apple.  It took 52 tries to activate my watch so I have 52 orders and they all have a different "AppleWatch####" name even though its the same watch.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

On the XM account page, it should show the IMEI of the watches.  Compare that to what it shows on your watch and you should be able to then tell them apart.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I’ve been having the same issue since July! I gave up ;((

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I’ve been having the same issue since July 2021….Seems they disconnect you if you call back…I gave up! Saving 10.00 a month a a lot of frustration 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I'm not alone.  Just made the switch from Verizon and all is working well with the family phones.  The Apple 5 Watches however are proving a problem with the Cellular setup.  8 + hours with at least 4 agents and I am running low on energy and patience.  Clearly Xfinity does not have this figured out - total pain on the A$$.  I get to Step 3 of 4 on the activation and it just can't clear the last hurdle.   Lots of friendly support from Xfinity, but of no real use.  Ugh!  

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

So I know this is gonna sound stupid, but it’s full on worth a try. 

just like everyone else, never could get my cellular data to work. 

I ended up just asking them did I even add the data plan to my watch? Sure enough, I didn’t… 

of course the watch will work if you within like 200ft of your phone and then after that not so much. 

you have the “smart watch” fee or some junk like that and then you have the data just like we do with our phones.

so that was my problem with mine the whole time. Like I said, may sound stupid, but it’s worth looking into and asking them. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Honestly they seem to have a hard time with apple watches.  Every time I get one (2nd one with them) it’s the same hoops.  They system they have is not set up.  I kept saying it doesn’t have a sim.  It has to get escalated so a digital SIM card is created by them.  4 hours on the phone for them to finally do it this time.  Last time took me 4 days I swear but that was my first and learning process.  One would think Xfinity would have learned by now but it seems they do they same hoop jump for everyone.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I’m having similar issues with activating cellular in my new Apple Watch 7. I have been on calls with Xfinity and Apple as well with each blaming the other company. This is ridiculous. At this point I think i’ll try a couple more days and maybe switch to a different carrier.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_fbf1d1 - I finally got this issued resolved after countless hours and days with multiple agents.  The Watch's IMEI number needed registering on Xfinity's side.  Without that step, you don't have a key to open the lock.  Completely ridiculous that this step took me 4 days, with a visit to an XFinity store.  I was fortunate to finally speak with a thoughtful and resourceful agent who was committed to figuring this out.

I knew I was on to something when the prior agent told me I need to buy new Xfinity Watches to get on the network.  Total [Edited: "Language"] and frankly disappointing that this obvious move for sales trumped real customer service.

Good luck.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

@user_fbf1d1 

It’s totally ridiculous! And that is why I left Xfinity mobile. Their customer service except for one person was horrible! I switched to T-Mobile and so far I couldn’t be happier and I honestly don’t pay that much more and way better 5G for my iPhone. Just a way better experience. My Apple Watch connected immediately

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

3 years ago

***ATTENTION - ANYONE HAVING ISSUES ACTIVATING APPLE WATCH ON XFINITY MOBILE - UPDATED OCT. 17 2021***

To anyone if you’re having this issue where your Apple Watch is not activating and you’re receiving an error message to the effect of:

”Uh oh! Something went wrong and we were unable to complete your activation and your information was not saved”, etc etc.

This issue can be resolved and it will not take several months and you do not need to switch carriers out of frustration. That said, Xfinity Mobile is an MVNO which means they operate on Verizon’s network and their systems are structured a little differently meaning the same way Verizon activates an Apple Watch may not be the same way Xfinity Mobile activates it. Having said that if there is a technical problem since Xfinity Mobile runs on Verizon’s networks their advanced engineering and back office support teams may also need to resolve tickets that go to Verizon support for assistance. 

Couple of things I can tell you right off the bat:

1) Customer support reps over the phone have no idea how to fix this issue

2) To save you the time un-pairing your Watch multiple times and re-pairing it will not resolve the issue either 

3) Wiping and factory erasing your iPhone is unnecessary and will not resolve the issue

4) It’s not an Apple issue- Apple is not a cell phone carrier so not activating on a cellular network would not be a troubleshooting issue they can fix that’s up to the wireless carrier you have partnering with you to escalate the issue and get you provisioned and activated. 

5) And last but not least-make sure you meet these sets of criteria:

* You’re account needs to be current 

* You need to be eligible to add another line as the Apple Watch occupies a service line on the account 

* The Apple Watch must be compatible/unlocked. In most cases only AT&T Apple Watches or other MVNO carriers like Cricket may be incompatible with Xfinity Mobile. Use their BYOD compatibility checker tool on xfinitymobile.com to check this.

* Both Apple Watch and iPhone software should be up to date/current

* If you are newer to Xfinity Mobile and have ported your number to them you must allow the port process to complete in its entirety which can be immediate or take a few days. (This depends on how fast your old carrier releases your number for port out)

Once you confirm that you meet this criteria perform a Google Search for Xfinity Executive Resolutions Team. You will see a link to contact their team via email. Include your Xfinity Mobile Account number, Xfinity mobile number, full name, the number and type of iPhone you want your watch paired to, and then the IMEI and EID number of your watch that you want activated. Also what type of Apple Watch it is.

I’m not sure about all these other posts of people waiting months or what their stories were I bought a Series 7 on launch day 10/15 which was a Friday tried to activate it Friday night it didn’t work I spent like 2 hours on the phone troubleshooting and then I emailed Executive Resolutions on 10/16 and they actually reached out to me the following day on 10/17 which was a Sunday in the evening and figured out the issue and got my Apple Watch activated. 

Basically what they had to do was manually add the Watch and then ask me again for my IMEI and my EID (electronic ID/AKA eSIM) and within 5 minutes the device was showing on my account and I was activated. They had to submit another order in their system to activate/add the line. 

As a reminder, Apple Watches do not take physical SIMs. 

Also, no disrespect- but the outsourced call center people from the Philippines have no idea how to fix this issue. Don’t waste your time with them. 

Hope this gives you hope and helps you get your issue resolved. Good luck!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@iPhoneGuy86 Would you be able to share the contact? I tried googling for the link or email you’re referring to but all I’m seeing is actual executive contacts, none resolution related.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Same here. I cannot seem to find the contact as well. @iPhoneGuy86 are you able to share the contact here or in a DM?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Spot on post.  I was having the same issue with my series 7.   I escalated and got a call back within 24 hours.   Rep knew her stuff.  Problem is that the EMEI number isn’t loaded with Verizon.   She’s putting it thru as we speak.   My call experience was horrible using normal support and advanced services.   Here’s the executive link I used to get the ball rolling. https://support.xfinity.com/svp-contact-form.   Note, it’s not directly to the mobile team, but they got me into the right group quickly.   Hope this helps.  BTW, after troubleshooting with Apple (who’s support was terrific), I learned that within the iwatch app, if you get errors on screens with white backgrounds during the cell activation, those screens are owned by your network provider.   

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@iPhoneGuy86 Great advice, thanks! This said, been in talks with Executive Relations and still nothing.  The backend folks are supposedly not getting back to her.  Wondering if they are backlogged now.  The situation is ridiculous, as I've been unable to get my watch activated since Friday.  Worse, I need cellular on my watch as I cannot carry a phone at work.  I'm seriously on the verge of switching everything away from Xfinity.

Contributor

• 

294 Messages

oh, good heavens, I cannot believe these issues still persist.  I was dreading this getting a new watch, and here we are! :( 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Having the same issue and I bought the watch directly from Xfinity. Unacceptable.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here