henryw722's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 2nd, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Apple Watch 5 Series Cellular Activation

I have had nothing but issues and poor customer service since signing up for Xfinity Mobile.  I thought finally I was to the point where I have no need to contact them again for anything, but not the case.  I have been back and forth with multiple reps trying have an Apple Watch added to my account.  I have been to multiple physical stores, spoken with countless telephone reps, and the result is always the same, nothing.  Can anyone help with this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

5 years ago

Hello henryw 722,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and my apologies for the difficulty you mention to have encountered in adding cellular service to your Apple Watch.

You may have already attempted these steps, but I just want to re-articulate them for the rest of the community.

When pairing your Apple Watch to your host iPhone, skip the step that prompts you to add cellular service through the watch. Once the watch pairs, you’ll add cellular service through the My Watch application. If you have yet to attempt this, unpair and re-pair your watch from your host iPhone.

Also, I’ll have you connect to your local Wi-Fi signal and attempt establishing cellular service on the Apple Watch again. Please follow the steps outlined below;

1.Select the “Set Up Cellular” option on the Watch App. If the Set up Cellular option is greyed, reboot the iPhone and the watch before continuing.

2.On the iPhone, open the Watch App and go to : Cellular, Set up Cellular.

3.Cellular setup screens will launch, enter primary account credentials.

4.What follows is a four-step initial setup that asks for basic information to add the lines to the account.

a. Welcome Screen is seen with the option to click on Get Started. At this point,
initial eligibility checks are conducted. If the customer fails any of them, they
will see an error screen.

b. Accept the Terms and Conditions

c. Enter the emergency Address and click Save Address. Verify the address and
confirm if prompted. This is important for WIFI calling, specifically 911 calls
made directly from the watch.

d. The “You’re almost there” screen is seen. Activation is in Progress and a line is
being added to your account message is seen. This could take several minutes.
Ensure you do not navigate away from it and start activation again.

5. The website will close, and you will return to the Cellular screen on the Watch
App on the iPhone. Xfinity Mobile Activating is seen on the Cellular screen. Once the
Activation is complete. The Cellular Plan will show Xfinity Mobile.

a. If you come back to “set up cellular” screen again, do not attempt it again.

b. Reboot phone.

c. Wait 20 minutes before trying again.

How to Determine if the Apple Watch has an XM eSIM Downloaded

1. On your Apple Watch - Go to Settings > Cellular

a. If it reflects No eSIM installed: Watch will show No SIM under Plan and No Connection under Status.

b. If the SIM Installed: It will reflect Xfinity Mobile under Plan and Connected under Status.

2. iPhone Watch App:

a. If the eSIM is not installed, ICCID will be blank.

b. If the eSIM is installed, ICCID is present.

Let me know what result you get. In case you have no luck connecting to cellular, you can reach out to me via private message. Click on my name ComcastChrisL, and from my profile page, click on the blue ‘send a message’ button. In your private reply, include the following information so that I may authenticate and access the account;

First and last name, mobile number, complete service address, and the last 4 digits of the pay method on file.

Finally, and in case your Apple Watch has yet to register, please include the watch IMEI (device ID) number.

Thanks again for your time, and patience.

Chris

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello Chris, I’m having the cellular activation issue with my Apple Watch series 5, once I get to the get started screen, it says” sorry we’re having technical difficulties, please try again” how can I contact you?

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I just sent you a PM with the the account info you requested.  Hopefully you can get this working!

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastChrisL 

Hi ComcastChrisL,  I am having the exact same issue on my Apple Watch Series 5.  Extremely frustrated, and hope you can help to activate.  I do not see the blue button next to your name in your profile, so I thought I could reach out here.  Kindly ping me via PM and I'll send you information.

Brand new customer, factory unlocked iPhone 11 Pro and Apple Watch Series 5.  I've been on the phone 6 times with CS to no avail. 

Thank you greatly in advance.. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastChrisL Having the same exact issue. PM'd you.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Just tried to activate an Apple Watch 4 with prior cell service removed.  Was told by CS that all activations are offline for Saturday and Sunday!  Is this true? (South Florida).

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

I am starting to wonder more and more if this is the case, if activations are down. If so I think they need to send out a company wide memo or something. I would rather be told this then be working with different agents for hours on end with no luck.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

@henryw722 did you ever get your issue resolved?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Private message @ComcastChrisL - multiple people have been getting help from him. He responded to me directly and intends to help at a higher tech level than standard calls.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

He has reached out to me, his suggestion, unfortunately, did not work. It is starting to sound like xfinity is having widespread activation issues. It sounds like they were with their phones the last couple days as well.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

can't activate my cellular on my series 5, says no sim and no network. Spoke to multiple techs and took it to the store and they couldn't help at all

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

Updating everyone,

Mine worked this morning and was now able to fully connect. 

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm having the same problem as others in this thread... still showing 'No SIM' and can't get past the first setup screen when I try to activate. I've been with support via phone/chat for HOURS to no avail. I'm desperate at this point! Help please! @ComcastChrisL 

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm in the same dilemma as everyone else.. I can't get past first step on the apple watch setup screen, I have been trying for a month, and have contacted Comcast on 4 different occasions--followed all steps, still nothing. Please help @ComcastChrisL (It doesn't give me the option to Private message you). Thank you!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

None of this is working and I’ve been on the phone for hours trying to figure out what is wrong. This is ridiculous
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here