feldgary's profile

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

Saturday, January 2nd, 2021 1:00 PM

Closed

Anyone else have issues activating after porting a number to Xfinity Mobile?

I ported a number from an unlocked and current Verizon account iphone 12 on 12/30/20 and here it is 1/2/21, 72 hours after I started the activation process online after obtaining a pin# from Verizon.

I have spoken to Xfinity cust. service 4 times over the last three days with no answer as to what the heck is holding this up and keep gettin "it's delayed" as an answer. Today the "office is closed" after trying to contact CS again both online chat an phone. It asked for account info then transfered me to CS rep but got a recorded message of the closure. 

They varified the account number and address was entered correctly and was told it was not a Verizon issue but on Xfinity end.

I am without service since the activation started since Verizon deactivated the account after porting request and I'm locked out of some accounts due to being unable to complete 2 step varification via text so getting very annoyed as of now. 

To make matters worse if i went back to Verizon it would cost me $15 more a month than I was paying since the plan I had is no longer available! I was told it would take a few minutes to activate online and by the CS reps except the last one who said it normally takes 24-72 hours. No where was I told that before I started this fiasco.

So far unimpressed by Xfinity Mobile and my three other Xfinity services currently will be under review to switch to a more responsible company. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have been at this since Sunday.  My son and wife both ported over quickly - all of us were on VERIZON.  Mine says it is still activating but no luck yet.  The store rep has been amazing and working hard - but, her hands are tied waiting on Tier 3 Escalations to complete this process.  I am baffled by how this could happen.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@eyemumforfun1

One question - has anyone on this page had their phone activated eventually?  Same number? 

Official Employee

• 

775 Messages

Hey there, thank you so much for reaching out to us and I am sorry to hear about your experience with porting your phone number over. Due to account security, we do recommend continuing working with our dedicated phone support as we are in the right hands with our Tier 3 support team. You can reach the team by texting or calling (888) 936-4968. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

The issue is still not resolved for me. The only solution I keep hearing is that I need to wait (24-72hrs) before they can escalate. In today's world this seems unbelievable. According to FCC, porting should complete within one business day for simple ports which I believe is applicable for single number and between wireless providers. https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/porting-keeping-your-phone-number-when-you-change-providers

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Did any one lodge a complaint with FCC for this issue? Did it help? I am fed up of waiting for nearly a week with no resolution for my issue. I think xfinity mobile is simply not worth it. https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=39744

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm having the same issue right now! Was this ever resolved? 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@user_59fe59 My issue was finally resolved after 8 days. 

Official Employee

• 

49 Messages

Hi there, I am so sorry to see that you are also having an issue with getting your phone number ported over as this is not what we strive for. Have you reached out to our mobile experts at (888) 936-4968? If so, you can send us a private message with your name and the full address so we can look into this for you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

I raised a complaint with the FCC for my issue. Request others who are facing this issue to raise the complaint as well. The link is below. If this is a systemic problem, this needs to be fixed.

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=39744

Official Employee

• 

49 Messages

We are truly sorry for any frustrations this may have caused you and if you do change your mind, please respond to us in a private message with your account information. We are here 24/7 for assistance. 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

I have been in multiple calls with so called xfinity tier 2 advanced team since the past 8 days. I think I have spent at least 12-14hrs talking with various agents during that time. I went to the store yesterday and was again connected to the advanced team. Spent nearly 2hrs talking to the person. In the end the agent told me that she will call me back but she did not. This has happened multiple times. One time, when asked to connect to a supervisor, I was made to wait for 30 minutes and then they connected me to an xfinity store in Las Vegas. Once the agent simply went silent for 15 minutes. I had to call back and get connected to another agent. I think the support staff is incapable of doing their jobs. They don’t even have basic courtesy of keeping their words to the point that their work ethics are questionable.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

@user_32d8a0 thanks, I have just filed a complaint as well.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

3 years ago

Also having issues porting over my number from Verizon. I was told activation would take 10 minutes. Then, 2-3 hours. Then 24 hours. Everyone I've spoken with at Comcast seems to have no idea. My wife is expecting a baby and now I have a cell phone that is a brick without service. This is unacceptable.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I'm having the same trouble....crazy...I wish I had stayed with Verizon.  I need my phone for work and can't wait a week without a phone.  I was told it would take 10 to 15 min and after 2 1/2 hours they said 24 to 72 hours.  From the looks of this thread it sounds like 72 hours is wishful thinking.  Unfortunately I can't wait even that long without a phone.  I don't know what I'm going to do...I might need to just cancel with Xfinity mobile and go back to Verizon with a brand new number.  This sucks so much.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_61a9b8 Same thing was happening to me. Costumer service kept giving me the runaround. What worked for me was removing the SIM card, then reinserting. I had two iphones. The first one activated right way and the second activated after the second try. 

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

Hi! Thank you for reaching out to our Social Media Team, I'm sorry to hear about the phone issues you're currently experiencing. That's not the experience we want for you at all and we'd hate to lose you as a valued customer. 

At this time, I'd highly recommend contacting our Mobile experts via one of the following methods:

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

• Chat: https://comca.st/3gKu7bZ

Our Xfinity Mobile partners are available daily from 7 AM to 9 PM EST. I'm confident they'll be able to get this resolved for you. Please feel free to reach out to us here anytime you have questions or concerns, we're available on this great platform 24/7. Have a good rest of your day!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Just an update to my issues.  On day 5 I finally found the solution.  I told xfinity mobile to kick rocks and give me my number back.  I got the account number and transfer pin and headed over to Verizon.  They grabbed my number back and activated my phone while I was in the store.  I walked away with cellphone service again.  Imagine that!

Xfinity mobile is not ready to be in the cell service game.  Their solution to everything is wait 24 to 48 hours.  When it still doesn't work all you need to do is wait another 24 to 48 hours before it doesn't work again!  Unbelievable incompetence.

If you're reading this thread just give up and go to a real cellphone service provider.

Official Employee

• 

775 Messages

Hey there, thank you so much for updating us. We are very sorry to hear about your experience with our Xfinity Mobile services. I will ensure to document the feedback in regard to your experience with us. Don't hesitate to reach out in the future if you need anything, we are here for you 24/7. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue here, I went from Xfinity Mobile to Visible (just don't do this, Visible is awful) back to Xfinity Mobile.  This has been going on since 08/06/21, it is now 09/15/21 and still no activation, I keep getting the 24-72 hours and nothing, I've filed a complaint with the FCC though don't think it'll do anything.  I use my phone for work and had to get a pay as you go plan to have a usable phone, I'm using an unlocked iPhone 11 that was originally purchased from Xfinity, this seems to be a Verizon issue not so much an Xfinity issue.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Wow! I think i made a mistake purchasing phones and starting new service with Xfinity. I can’t get my husbands number ported. It keeps saying wrong pin but confirmed correct pin with previous carrier. Previous carrier manually pushed through to release number to Xfinity but i am still getting pin error message. I just now received an automated call telling me i will be billed soon if i do not activate immediately. I have had phone for a total of 2 days and they are already calling to threaten $ for a bill i have not accumulated yet. Yikes! Feels like a shakedown! Not sure what to do other than feel regret i went with Xfinity. They were horrible when setting up cable and internet too. What was I thinking. I just bought an iPhone 13 for myself that Is on the way and have to activate that too.. goodness. Will take any advice 

Official Employee

• 

915 Messages

My deepest apologies about this, but since this is related to Xfinity Mobile, I would have to direct you to our Xfinity Mobile support. Our department handles specific customer service request and unfortunately, we are unable to access Xfinity Mobile Support tools. You can reach them by phone or text at 1 (888) 936-4968 and they would love to assist you. You will need to either call/text Xfinity Mobile support at the phone number provided or through their website at https://comca.st/3qkcoeX.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We are having the same issue for over 24 hours now.

Activation is in progress

Your device is activating as we speak. We'll let you know when you're good to go.

We are trying to transfer from Verizon to Xfinity and we purchased an iPhone 13 from Xfinity.

We tried to get a new transfer pin from Verizon but the line has been disconnected already and there is no way to talk to a real person.

The Xfinity chat support was terrible too.

Who can really help us?

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@user_74bcca You should be able to call xfinity mobile customer support (888-936-4968). They will provide more details regarding the time it takes to port the number. Although in my case they were unable to provide an exact time frame because they don’t have much visibility. The only thing they can do is escalate if things don’t move within an expected time. In my case, it started with 24 business hrs but they escalated and changed the ETA to 24-72 business hours after the first 24 hours and another 24-72 after another escalation. issue finally got resolved.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

39 Messages

If you still need support with this issue, please call our dedicated mobile support team at 1 (888) 936-4968. Do to account security reasons we cannot assist with this over the forums. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

i have the similar issue, the activation started four days ago, and i talked with many of their chat and phone rep. every of them said the different infos which is really weird. but none of them solved my problems..

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Really?  I hate xfinity mobile!  I’m going on 10 days now.  They are the worst company in existence!  I wish I could put this iPhone 13 pro in the trash and go with a company that cared in the slightest.  This is a nightmare I have had my phone number for over 10 years and will probably lose it because of this worthless company!  I will never use you again once I have paid this phone off I’m going to get rid of you forever.  I’m getting rid of your internet and anything that has to do with Xfinity!  I’m so beyond mad at this point I can’t believe your still in business! 😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Don’t use xfininty!  This is the worst mobile company on earth!  10 days without activation is unheard of?  I’m so beyond unhappy I can’t express my frustration and if I lose my phone number after 10 years I’m going to lose it on every single person I talk to at xfinity starting tomorrow… this is the worst thing I have ever dealt with as far as a wireless company I’ve ever been through!

Official Employee

• 

28 Messages

Good evening! I'm sorry to hear about the issues getting your device activated. We can create a ticket with our Xfinity Mobile teams to get this resolved. To get started, please send us a private chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Why, oh why, did I have to choose the Xfinity pill instead of just taking Pepto-Bismol to begin with.  I just read this entire thread.  Geez, this is really a bad situation.  And, I'm only discovering the amount of challenges after spending a day not realizing that voice was dead in the water.  I have now spent 3 hours with Xfinity Chat trying to explain.  It seems that I need to go around and around explaining my situation when, "voila" they have determined my phones have not been joined to the Xfinity network yet.  Duh!  Geesh, this is such a prevalent problem, this should have been the first troubleshooting hypothesis.  Tier 1 support says to "call the calling support number 1-888-936-4968."  But, if my phone is dead in the water..... I can't call out!!  This is so frustrating!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I'm having a different problem than all of you.  I've been a happy xfinity mobile client for years. I wasn't happy with my last phone so I ordered another one. Was told they couldn't just transfer the number to my new phone but that they'd have to assign me a new number. That would activate the new phone.  Then they said i should swap the Sim cards. Which I did..

That worked.  But they said I could call right afterwards to get the new number canceled.  I have spent hours trying to explain this to customer service agents both on chat and on the phone.  They act like I'm asking them to do algebra or something.

I finally got one who seemed to understand.  A little over a week later, I check my account and I am still being charged for the new line@!@@

So mad. Why are they making this so complicated??

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

Hi everyone. For those of you who have posted here with an active Xfinity Mobile issue and if you've already tried reaching out but have been unsuccessful in receiving support from Xfinity Mobile directly, please create your own post so we can get everything sorted out and get you in touch with the right group. 

I no longer work for Comcast

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here