Staudie's profile

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

Thursday, June 1st, 2023 4:36 AM

Closed

Android System Updates

The May 2023 security update was released on May 17. My pixel 6 pro has not updated. For the past 3 months updates have been slow to release. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @Staudie, I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

@XfinityRyanE​ 

Apparently over this platform or any other platform. I spoke with a Xfinity reprehensive who told me to wait 24 hours. Seriously wait 24 hours this is what you call customer support. It been more than 48 hours now and no update.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

I can understand the aggravations and frustrations, @StaudieDue to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

@XfinityKimberlyB​ 

I guess I wasn't clear... I called into Xfinity mobile and was told to wait 24 hours. Are you saying that Xfinity can not push a device update?

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

When pertaining to Xfinity Mobile, that is correct. We do not have the abilities to perform any device or account specific requests here, due to account securities. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

@XfinityKimberlyB​ 

Ok... Then who has that ability?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I have the same issue.  The chatbot is worthless.  No updates on my Pixel 6 since April 5, 2023.  You are putting our data privacy at risk by denying security updates.  It is not a Verizon issue 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here