newtrack4's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, April 26th, 2023 10:38 PM

Closed

Android security updates

Why can't I get the April android security update for my pixel 6a phone? The update has been out for weeks now for this phone. When I ask for and update in settings it says none are available, but they have been released for weeks! Who or what is blocking my access to important security updates??? 

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

It appears it's Verizon which was holding up the updates, although they won't officially admit it.

This afternoon, I finally got my Pixel 6a updated, about 3 weeks late! It seems that only Pixel 6, 6pro and 6a phones which were actually bought from Verizon were affected(this by extension affects phones from Comcast).

In the next week a new set of updates should come out for May. Hopefully, Verizon won't do this again!

Unfortunately, my previous posts on this have been lost because Comcast asks me to login after I press the post button and then it deletes my post!

Contributor

• 

234 Messages

1 year ago

Hello, thank you for taking the time to reach out for assistance. I understand you have some Xfinity Mobile concerns, and it would be my pleasure to provide the best contact information for them. You can use this number or chat link 1 (888) 936-4968 https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile&linkId=123744261. Once you reach the right department, I am certain they can get your concerns addressed. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityVanessa​ please post the resolution to this problem here. I brought an unlocked Pixel 6 Pro to Xfinity in January 2023 and will move to another provider if there's no explanation given for this. Some pixel owners are already receiving May 2023 updates. 6 years with Cricket Wireless and never once did I have an issue getting OTA security updates from Google.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

Xfinity mobile only supports Apple products. Us Android users are left out

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I spent about a hour with Xfinity mobile support. I was told that they know nothing about these updates, that they must come directly from Google. I told them that I knew that was incorrect, and could they put in a ticket to an advanced help desk. He said no he had been talking to them and there is nothing in the knowledge base. Now the May update is being released, this is unacceptable. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@Duroncrush​ they ended up giving me a ticket number after I pushed back. My hopes aren't high that they do much about it, but still, the fact you got nothing and I got them to look further into it is bad enough with the inconsistency. 

We have 5 lines with xfinity and my line is the only non-iPhone - looking at Google Fi and may just take the monthly expense hit to take this one line elsewhere.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @Duroncrush. I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I just got the April update on my Pixel 6a. I bought it directly from Google last year and previously had it on Verizon. So the delayed update is not just on phones bought from Verizon.

Now I guess I get to wait more for the May update.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_5ad554​ 

Also, my phone is not the Verizon-specific model from the Google store, just the regular unlocked phone.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

Pixel 6 pro... Still on April update. What the heck is going on this is ridiculous.

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

1 year ago

I have the same issue with a pixel 6 and a pixel 6a, both bought from Google. Xfinity please fix

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

Hi there, thank you for reaching out about your Mobile Service. You may reach our super smart Xfinity Mobile team directly for the best assistance using any of the below methods.

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

I no longer work for Comcast.

2 Messages

1 year ago

I've been waiting to receive the Android 14 update that was pushed out by Google a couple days ago and never got it. I have a Pixel 6 that I don't use and a 7 that I use daily. The 6 updated and the 7 didn't so I figured maybe if I pull the SIM card out of the 7 and try to update it might work and sure enough it worked on the first try. So anyone not receiving their expected or released updates you might wanna pull the SIM, click the "check for updates" button and see what happens. Not sure why the SIM was blocking the update. The APN's in the settings show VWInternet so maybe it's Verizon acting like weirdos or whatever but it seemed like they were blocking the update. SIM removed=update installed.

6 Messages

11 months ago

I have a Samsung S21 5G that we just brought over in August and its now 2 months of security updates that we have no received. I was previously with Verizon and never failed to get updates. [Edited: "Language"]

(edited)

2 Messages

@user_mlkbe2​ pull the sim card out, make sure the WiFi is on then try to update. That worked for me as well as other people I shared it with.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here