W

Friday, September 13th, 2024 3:44 PM

Am I getting scammed by Xfinity mobile?

I started a chat a couple of weeks ago to see if there was a new promotion I could get on my internet services as my current promotion was running out.  The chat agent was able to help me out but also mentioned I could move my mobile service over from my then provider to Xfinity and they would apply a promotion that sounded pretty good.  I asked about what would happen about the balance I owed on the phone I had with the provider I was under at the time and the agent said that they were willing to offer $500 outright to help me pay off the remaining balance.  I asked for this in writing but they basically said I would hear from someone via email about setting up for that.  I agreed and set up the move of my mobile services.  A day later, no word from any customer service. 

I called to speak with an agent and the best they can do is say that there is a promotion where you can get $500 for trading in your phone.  The first chat agent I spoke to said nothing about trading in.  I was told straight up "We will give you $500 to help pay for your phone."  That's it.  The agent assures me they will escalate and I will hear back within 24-48. 

Two days pass and I hear nothing.  I call again and I am told something about signing up for some other promotion that deals with trading in through the timetoswitch website.  I note that if I go through with this, it's not going to get approved because I am not trading in my phone, just trying to get the $500 credit I was promised.  I asked to escalate again and was assured I would hear from them within 24 hours.  A week goes by since I had other things to attend to and as of this writing I am on the line with another agent who I believe will try and get me off the phone by promising me more lies.  Did I just get scammed?  Am I going to have to kiss this $500 goodbye?

Edit: After 1.5hrs on this third call, I was told this matter was escalated to their level 3 customer support and I have to wait another 3-5 business days to get a response.   I once again got assurances that I will get some comms in that time frame.  At least I got a reference number this time which calls into question what the first two calls accomplished.  I am super-frustrated and I do not believe the poor agent that told me I have to wait for another length of time.  I fully expect I have to waste more time and call yet another person who will probably lie to get me to hang up the phone.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

21 days ago

weesh21 Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I’m truly sorry to hear about the frustration and confusion surrounding the promotion for your mobile service transition. I completely understand how upsetting it is to feel like you’ve been given conflicting information and to have to wait without clear communication.

I want to assure you that this is not the experience we want for our customers, and I’d be happy to look into the status of your ticket to make sure we’re following up on the escalation. To get started, please send me DM your reference number in a private message along with your full name and address.

To get started, please send our team a Direct Message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

4 Messages

I have sent a DM.  Please can we resolve this issue immediately?

4 Messages

19 days ago

Update: I provided the reference number that I was given on Friday to the support team via DM.  The agent I am speaking to said that that reference number has been "resolved" even though it hasn't been 3-5 business days and now I am being passed onto yet another "corporate" relations group with yet another reference number opened.  I have been scammed.  This is a scam.  The agent that got me to sign up probably got a sign up for their quota by whatever means necessary and now Xfinity are trying to pass the buck until I give up.  Once this thing is resolved, I will be looking to cancel my services with Xfinity ASAP and never look back.

4 Messages

Further update: They are continuing with the technicality that the $500 was for a trade-in promotion even though the agent that got me to switch never said anything about trading-in my device.  I have screenshots which they seem to want to ignore.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here