U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, September 25th, 2022 2:40 PM

Closed

ALSO Received Empty Box and Can't Reorder

Apparently this "empty box" is happening to several people from reading the forum. I hope someone can help. I'm at my wit's end.

On 9/20/22 went to an xfinity store and signed up for mobile service for 3 lines. Ordered 2 iPhone 12 and a SIM for BYOD. At the time of the order, my account had a $599.99 off offer on any new phone new line. On 9/22/22, got 3 boxes from FedEx. Driver handed me the boxes, asked for a signature and rushed off. I opened them and had 1 box with a phone and a SIM card, 1 box with just a SIM card, and 1 empty box - no phone - was sealed and no external damage. Contacted the store rep. and was told to file a claim with FedEx and then a claim with xfinity. I made a claim with FedEx and then proceeded to call xfinity. Told by xfinity claims to cancel the FedEx claim and that they themselves would "take care of it". I received an email from xfinity claims and it requested pictures and a police report. I submitted both and canceled the FedEx claim as requested on 9/22/22. On 9/23/22 I got 8 email messages from xfinity mobile all within seconds of each other including an activation of an unknown phone number, a return request, a return received, a claim approved, and a refund will be processed. Because of these strange emails, I called xfinity and asked to talk to claims. I was told by the claims rep. that "don't worry about these emails" "we were jsut working on locking the imei for the missing phone". He offered to reorder the missing phone at the same deal. I was hesitant to have xfinity send it through FedEx again and told him I will go to the store and see if they have any physically there or maybe they can have the phone sent to the store just in case. Went to the store on 9/24/22 and spent 2 hours there! The rep from 9/20/22 was on vacation and although we kept showing them the original order that had $599.99 off, they could not figure out a way to place the reorder with that price. I was told to try calling. I called that evening and was on the phone for 2 hours and they could not honor the original offer! At one point had a rep tell me that FedEx is responsible and could I hold 40 minutes while they talk to FedEx. No! Enough is enough. It was not our fault that we got an empty box. The claims department approved and processed the claim. I still need a phone. Why should I pay an extra $200 for the reorder?! Please help. I'm very tempted to just go back to my previous carrier. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Valued Contributor

• 

406 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums, @user_f663f1! Unfortunately, we do not have full access to Xfinity Mobile (XM) accounts, and you will need to reach out directly to the XM team. They can be contacted at 1-888-936-4968, or on their dedicated chat at the following link: 

https://comca.st/3rupHw1

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Took me numerous phone calls and chats to get it resolved and at least 6 hours!

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_f663f1  Thank you for following up to let us know things were resolved for you. With that said, I understand it took many attempts. We thank you again for your time, patience, and business. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here