pa_tv_guy's profile

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, September 21st, 2023 2:58 AM

Closed

After iOS17 update - no cellular service

After running the iOS17 update, I can no longer connect via cellular. I have turned cellular on and off, toggled Airplane mode, restarted my iPhone, reset network settings and even popped out the SIM card. Nothing has worked. 

What else can I do short of factory resetting my phone?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

Follow up here.  Something magical happened overnight, and the problem is gone. It is also now showing 5G+ for the first time. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Follow up #2. Updated to iOS 17.0.1 for security reasons, and the problem has returned. So strange. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @pa_tv_guy, thanks for reaching out for help with your network. We want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I've had the same problem. No cell service with iOs 17. Do you have recommended troubleshooting steps?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

This problem went away for many days and has now reappeared. There is definitely a new issue here. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityRyanE , I have been having the same issue off and on for months. I've called Xfinity mobile for troubleshooting, went into the store to have my phone evaluated, the SIM card has been changed twice, turned off wi-fi calling, I've even purchased a new S23 Galaxy phone. Still having the same issue. The only thing that restores connectivity is turning airplane mode off then back on. This only works temporarily and my call may drop while on the phone. I may have to turn it off and on a few times before it does connect. It is worse when I'm at home (Philadelphia). How is this a service/connectivity issue that is eluding repair? How do we escalate this matter for a more indepth evaluation? Living with this issue indefinitely is not an option.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here