U

Wednesday, June 12th, 2024 4:11 PM

Added a 2nd mobile line with the promise that my bill would be lowered

I have a case open for investigation regarding returning a mobile phone that I signed up  for under  false pretenses. I  used their chat and the agent basically lied and got me into adding a second line with the understanding that it would lower my overall internet/landline/cable bill. I had initially chatted hoping to see if the agent could find me a deal as i do every 2 years. My mistake was using their chat vs just calling. When I got my fist bill, the amount was not what I had agreed to and I am now being charged for a mobile line I did not need or want, and still paying the same high amount for the same plan . When I called, they informed me there was no new contract in their system, all they could see was that I added a mobile line.crazy!  I immediately had them escalate it for an investigation. I have screenshots of the convo in which the new price was agreed to. I also told the agent  I didn’t need the phone and I wouldn’t be using it, but if dropped my bill to $150 from 230 a month, no brainer. Come to find out it was all really too good to be true.  It was a lie! They had me approve the new contact over chat..only to find out it was only for the mobile line and not the new 2 year plan to lower my overall bill. All I know is I better get a refund for the extra mobile line I am being charged this month as well as the 13 dollars they had me pay upfront to initiate the new line. Currently looking into moving my business elsewhere.

4 Messages

4 months ago

I would also like to add I am waiting for the case to be closed so they can send me the free return label for the phone I never activated or opened.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_cortez23 Good morning! We appreciate you reaching out to our Community Forums Team for some assistance with your recent change in services, and the experience you are having in getting a resolution. Sounds like it has been the greatest experience, and this is not what we want to see for our customers. I would definitely like to take a closer look into this matter, and get you in the direction for a resolution. To get started, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, and service address? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Just sent my info in the chat. I’m looking at my upcoming mobile bill and that line is still there, I’m being charged an additional 20 for the by the gig phone that I asked them to remove asap since it’s under investigation. I should r continue to have to pay anymore..I am waiting for the free shipping label from the company..they said I could send it in myself but why should i have to pay for shipping. All this is really stressful. Just cancel the line, send me the return label so I can return the phone, and refund me. I don’t understand how the investigation can be taking so long. Everything is in the chat, you all keep records of it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here