S

Wednesday, June 12th, 2024 11:52 AM

Added a 2nd mobile line with the promise that my bill would be lowered

On a day when I used the online chat just to check on my service appointment, I was convinced into adding a second Xfinity mobile line with a free phone that would also remove my landline from my plan, making my bill $50 less. I did not even want the phone, I was talked into receiving it. I am still using AT&T because my iPhone is locked to my carrier for another year or 2 until it is paid off. So I activated a new phone and paying $15/month for not using it plus $8.33 per month for the device that was supposed to be free all to save $50 per month on my bill. My bill has stayed consistent at $283 and not dropped by $50 as promised and I think my landline is still active which I do not even use. I need to know what is going on and after being in the chat with an Xfinity agent for an hour last night, she kept saying I am not paying for my phone, that my $50 was already discounted off my bill (even though it is obviously not) and then tried to convince me to receive ANOTHER mobile device, line, an smart watch for $55 less off my bill. I refused but I do want my bill lowered! I just do not need all of these phones and headaches for my bill to still end up being the same. Can anyone help me? 

Thank you,

Stacey 

4 Messages

3 months ago

This also happened to me and I have a case open for investigation. I also used their chat and the agent basically lied and got me into adding a line with the understanding that it would lower my overall internet/landline/cable bill. When I got my fist bill, the amount was not what I had agreed to and I am now being charged for a mobile line I did not need or want. When I called, they informed me there was no new contract in their system, all they could see was that I added a mobile line.crazy!  I immediately had them escalate it for an investigation. I have screenshots of the convo in which the new price was agreed to. I also told the agent  I didn’t need the phone and I wouldn’t be using it, but if dropped my bill to $150 from 230 a month, no brainer. Come to find out it was really too good to be true.  They had me approve the new contact over chat..only to find out it was only for the mobile line and not the new 2 year plan to lower my overall bill. All I know is I better get a refund for the extra mobile line I am being charged this month as well as the 13 dollars they paid me pay upfront to initiate the new line. Currently looking into moving my business elsewhere.

3 Messages

I'm sorry this is happening to you, too! I hope they will make this right. It shouldn't be this way. The chat agents are misleading people to make commission it seems.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

3 months ago

Hello, stac3y6  thank you for taking time to create a post. It sounds like you've been through quite the ordeal trying to sort out your billing/service. It's frustrating when promised savings don't materialize, especially when it involves adding unnecessary devices to your plan. It's understandable that you're feeling frustrated and seeking clarity on your bill.

I would definitely like to investigate this further, when you have time please send a direct message. 

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here