duttcable's profile

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, December 19th, 2022 2:48 AM

Closed

Activation unsuccessful since number not ported

My number was transferred from Verizon to Xfinity mobile on 15 December. However, Xfinity assigned a new number instead of the original number. The case was referred to WPC team and the new number was deactivated to allow porting of old number.

Its been 3 days since Verizon transferred the number and I have talked to numerous representatives in the advanced team and supervisor and spent many hours on the phone. Verizon has confirmed multiple times that number was transferred to Xfinity. However to date my phone is not activated.

There have been lot of promises but no result. Any advice.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 years ago

Are you dealing with this in-person at a local XM store or via chat/phone support? 

Number ports usually take a few minutes to a maximum of a few hours but not days. If you go to a store, make sure you tell them that you are not leaving without a working number.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

So far been dealing with phone support. Two of my lines done a week ago had got transferred in minutes but this one which was done last is stuck. I was told that it is with WPC team and could take up to 3 days. 
Today 3 days are up and will be going to the store and will follow your advice.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Went to the store who called support. Support first gave the same spiel that Verizon has not ported the number even though their Tier 2 had confirmed in earlier calls that Xfinity has the number. After some persuasion call was transferred to Tier 3 who confirmed Xfinity has the number but has to be manually ported which only WPC or port team can do. Also there is no way to talk to them only escalate by email which was done on Friday afternoon. Apparently they don’t work on weekends, so Monday is the first business day that they will work on it and it could take up to 72 business hours or 3 days!!

This is quite unlike Verizon where we spoke to a Tier 2 port person on Sunday so Xfinity mobile support services are definitely inferior to the competition. So only thing left to do is wait.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@duttcable​ Same experience....took 2 weeks and numerous contacts both online and phone to get it escalated to tier 3, but once there...it did get fixed in a few days, so hang in there

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Went to store on Wednesday. The store rep called support and was connected to support in Honduras who was very difficult to understand and could not provide much assistance. He said he has escalated and will take another 24-72 hrs even though it’s been 3 days since escalated to tier 3.

Later on I called Xfinity and this time seemed to connect to a very helpful agent who chatted with tier 3 and said they have identified the problem and have sent email to Verizon to get something fixed since Xfinity uses their towers. Said it will take 24-48 hrs and I should get an email with instructions to activate.

Still waiting let’s see what happens by Friday. Now we are on Day 7!!!

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Success at last. The number has been ported and phone is active. The last agent was really good. Like the store rep said. It’s about getting the right person to help. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here