U

Friday, December 8th, 2023 9:48 AM

Closed

Account deactivated and phone numbers ceased after Xfinity failed to debit repayment plan automatic payment

These last couple months I've been going thru some financial hardships and I applied for the repayment plan. It was a great option at the time, I was happy to get my payments back on track. However, when it came time for the automatic payment my bank account was never debited this charge.  I only realized when they suspended my services. I then called and chatted with multiple agents about restoring my service and applying for another repayment plan. I explained to them that the automatic payment did not go thru although I had sufficient funds available. I signed up for a repayment plan for a second time and at this point the monthly amount had increased. That wasn't an issue until once more the automatic payment did not go thru. I've had my bank account linked to my Mobile Service Automatic payments for over a year and yet these payments failed to withdraw. Soon after my account was automatically deactivated without my knowledge and my phone/lines went in SOS mode. 

I don't have any way to call Customer Service except thru my work phone which I could sometimes use during my hour lunch. One of the agents explained how due to the non payment my phone numbers were ceased and that the only people with the power to restore my services worked in the Collections department. I was transferred and on hold for 85 mins. I was unable to continue holding and at this point I have two lines that have been without service for over a few days. This is the first collection agency they mentioned my account was with. When I finally got thru to an agent she checked and asked me all sorts of personal information and wasn't able to locate any Account thru their agency. 

I then called Xfinity again, Transferred again, Finally I was connected to another Collection agency where I was on hold for another 50 mins. Unfortunately I had to hang up that call and return to work. 

This whole situation has been so frustrating. This isn't the first issue I've had with Xfinity and at this point I am ready to try another Carrier.

Supposedly the Collection Agency is the only one with Power to Restore my Service.

My questions are as follows:

If I pay the full amount passed due will service be reactivated with the same phone number(s)?

If I were to take my business to another Carrier would I be able to transfer my phone numbers even though the account is in collections?

I have not been able to obtain a straight answer thru the chat service or any agent. I really don't want to lose my numbers and I really don't mind paying the past due amount. I just haven't been successful reaching the Collections agency. 

Thank you, 

A

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

9 months ago

@user_mh32rv Thank you for reaching out. While our team can help with a wide variety of concerns, due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform--this includes billing, sales, device questions, etc. For all Xfinity Mobile related questions please contact Xfinity Mobile by calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reach out to a Secure Online Chat. (https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile)

2 Messages

7 months ago

Same thing happend to me. I am going to use another carrier. Xfinity doesn’t help nor do they care. They are the worst. STAY AWAY!! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here