U

Monday, July 22nd, 2024 8:08 PM

700 dollars for data????

We need someone to get back to us regarding our dispute of $700 that were charged our debit card to my elderly mother of 77 years old who does not speak English. She was charged for data long story short this is really embarrassing and very sad that you guys would pray on an elderly like that I have tried to communicate with Xfinity several times and I’ve been told that somebody would get back to me within 24 hours and I have yet to hear from anybody, I hate to put this on social media and fight you guys through social media. I don’t wanna do that. I’d rather just come to some kind of agreement and this speed this and resolve this in peace. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

2 months ago

Good afternoon @user_2h3yhc, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums with your data concerns on your mother's account, we appreciate your time and allowing us the opportunity to try to turn your experience around. We're sorry to hear about the frustrations trying to get this resolved and assure you this is never how we want our valuable customers to feel. We'd be happy to look into the data charges further and if needed, get a ticket submitted to help resolve this as soon as possible.

May I confirm if the data overage charges were related to her XFINITY residential or mobile account? Additionally, please make sure that you are listed on the account so that we can discuss her account issues with you further. For privacy and security purposes, we do require that you be listed as an authorized user. If you're not listed as the account manager already, you can get added by following the instructions here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/primary-and-secondary-accounts. 

If you are already on the account or once you've gotten added, please send us a Direct Message with your name, the account holder's name and the service address including any applicable unit or apartment numbers. To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further and are confident we can help rectify this situation. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here