U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, April 14th, 2023 3:34 PM

Closed

$200 VISA Gift Card Scam

I transferred 2 lines over to Xfinity Mobile in December. As part of that promotion I was told I’d be receiving a $200 VISA gift card for each line I was bringing over. 

I called Xfinity Mobile to try to get a status update and was told I didn’t qualify because I bought new phones after switching my service to Xfinity. That wasn’t part of the promotion. All I had to do was switch my service and be in good standing for 90 days, which I have. 

I had a bad feeling Xfinity would try to screw me out of these gift cards. I’m hoping for some assistance as the customer service rep who I spoke with was useless.

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

1 year ago

XM does not allow the combining of promotions for porting a number. You either get the 24 month device credit for a new phone or the debit card for bringing your own phone. Hopefully the 24 month device credit for each ported phone number is larger than $200 debit card?

Visitor

• 

26 Messages

@DaveO3​ I never got a device credit either. I paid for all 4 of my lines in full; no credit card no device credits. I just never pursued either.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I don’t think I have a device credit. I’m paying for both new phones. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey there @user_84146f. We'd be happy to help look into this promotion for you. Can you send us a DM with your name and address? This will help us get started! 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the “chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thanks Korie. I sent a message, hopefully through the correct format. If you don’t see it, please let me know. I have to admit, I wasn’t able to easily find the DM feature and I’m not completely useless when it comes to using technology.

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

1 year ago

Your best bet for a resolution to your issue is to check the incentive tracker and call the phone number listed and speak to a representative who should be able to explain what happened. 

https://xfinityincentivetracker.com

Good Luck

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here