U

Tuesday, April 9th, 2024 2:27 AM

$100 VISA GIFT CARD PROMO IS A SCAM! CONTACT THE BBB!

I went into my local west valley city location in December of 2023 and talked with the manager Nate to discuss my internet plan and he told me about the "bring your own device" promo that would give us a $100 gift card for each line. I promptly signed up my four lines, which would have given me 4 $100 gift cards. I have had several employees guarantee me that I will be receiving these cards when I stayed with the company for 90 days. Well 90 days have come and gone and I have yet to see the cards! I have spent over 5 hours today calling the customer "help" line. Let me tell you WHAT A JOKE THIS COMPANY IS! They are the LEAST HELPFUL I have ever seen! I called and talked to a lady who tried to lie to us about the promotion ending 3 days before we signed up, she then put us on hold for OVER AND HOUR AND A HALF! We called the store to talk to the manager who signed us up and he stated that the promotion was valid until the end of December! We called back again and we got LOUIS who was not only exceptionally RUDE but also verified that the promotion was in fact valid when we signed up. Louis also put us on hold for another hour and a half! I called again from a different line because I was waiting for louis to help with filling out a investigation report, but surprise surprise he HUNG UP ON US! We call AGAIN! and talked with JOJO  and she verified that we were getting the cards, this employee was a tad more helpful but in the end she told us that the cards were going to be sent to us and would say how the cards were being sent. She then gave us the run around claiming our email address was incorrect, which is untrue since we get the billing statement each month to this email, and then proceeded to tell us that the cards SHOULD be sent out by the first or second week of April. At this point I feel like this "promotion" is a scam! They lured us in with FALSE ADVERTISEMENT while simultaneously providing subpar quality! I also talked to a supposed manager by the name of SHERRIE but she was also not helpful. Im at my wits end with this company and I just recently joined them! If you're reading this save yourself the headache and AVOID THIS COMPANY! I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau! They lied about the $100 promotion (just look at the rest of this forum board) honestly shocked at how this company operates!

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

6 months ago

user_19g2cp Hi there! I understand the frustration and the sentiment after receiving so much conflicting information. This is not the experiece we hope to provide to any of our customers, new or old. I would love to help in getting this properly addressed.

To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

I was also scammed [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Our team can help with all things Xfinity, user_alexblue. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here