denverdonate's profile

Thursday, March 28th, 2024 5:21 PM

"Your phone is not registered on a network so you can only make emergency calls".

Today I woke up and tried to make a call and for the first time I am seeing this message. I live right in downtown Denver so my coverage is always great, how can I resolve this? I restarted the phone, the software is up-to-date, there are no problems with billing or anything, I am at a loss of what to do about this.

Official Employee

• 

739 Messages

3 months ago

Hello, @denverdonate thank you for taking the time out of your day to create a post. I definitely understand needing to have your phone service working properly. We offer 2 types of phone service Xfinity Voice, and Xfinity Mobile. 

Based on the post information, this sounds like it may be Xfinity Mobile related. Our options with Xfinity Mobile are limited over Xfinity Forums. If you're still needing help, and this is related to Xfinity Mobile. Our wonderful experts can be contacted via the Xfinity Mobile assistant:

https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile. Or if you have another option to call or receive a text they can be contacted at 1-888-936-4968. 

1 Message

Phone has message. Emergency calls only and not connected to network. I use this for business. NEED it fixed please

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_hsght8 If your cell phone has a SIM card, please try removing and reinserting it, another of our great Forums users within this thread advised that this resolved the issue.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

3 months ago

I want to share my solution so that everyone with a similar problem can try this. Remove your SIM card and put it back in. My SIM card was loose and not registering because of that. This fixed things for me. 

(edited)

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

1 month ago

5/21/2024. A Samsung Galaxy A15 bought from Xfinity Mobile 4/28/2024 suddenly started having this problem.

After 3 days of this, I searched this forum.
There was a suggestion to turn the Airplane mode first ON and then OFF

I tried that and it seemed to work.

I was doing this when on hold for an Xfinity Support person for 45 minutes
Later that person told be that my Samsung has different features from my earlier Moto 4G

(and my Moto 5G and IPhone XR which are on the same plan but do NOT have this problem)
He said the right set of features was not enabled for this Samsung. He made some changes

and asked me to power off wait from 3 minutes and Power ON

After that outgoing calls would go out  but incoming did not ring when he tried

But while trouble shooting this, when we repeated the outgoing and incoming call checks

they both started working again. This was just a few minutes ago.
So one can try
1) Airplane mode OFF and then ON
2) Call Xfinity Support and ask them to check if the right set of features have been enabled for your device (and fix it if NOT)

1 Message

Two of my phones started doing this yesterday, they made some change to their network, but they spent 2 hours telling me it was my sims cards, first that they both got dusty on the same day at the same time, but when removing and replacing my sim card didn't fix that, they told me that BOTH of our sim cards overheated at the same time on the same day when we were in 2 different places over 10 miles away from each other.  When I explained that, I was told that they made an improvement to the network and that I need to get new sim cards.  I was driving to do that when my service came back, but I turned around and lost it again.  I then discovered that my neighbors who are on Verizon had lost their service at the same time I did.  

Verizon or Comcast made some change to their network that is affecting multiple phones of multiple makes (my neighbors have an android and an apple) but they keep making the users jump through 25 different trouble shooting steps instead of just admitting it is their error and fixing it!!!!!!!!  

If the service is not restored by the end of the day I will be moving to another service that is not on the Verizon network.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast!

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here