U

2 Messages

Wednesday, March 20th, 2024 1:08 AM

"We're sorry, the number you have dialed has calling restrictions that has prevented the completion of your call, announcement 19"

Twice today I was on the phone with someone when the call was interrupted with this message. I wasn't placing a call, I was in the middle of one, and after the announcement repeated twice it disconnected my call. After the second one I called Xfinity mobile to find out what was going on and it happened the third time so I never got through to anybody. Anybody know why this is happening and how I can might fix it? I'm on an Android Motorola phone with Xfinity mobile. I seem to be able to receive and make phone calls and texts without any problem.

2 Messages

4 months ago

me as well.  its laughable that they keep insisting that you call when you calls get cut off mid-call. I have an iphone 13.  Allegedly I am going to get called back, but we will see.... This seems like it is a persistent issue.  

(edited)

1 Message

They had me turn on the LTE under cellular data options / voice and data. He wanted me to turn on cellular data but I usually always have it turned off as I only have one gig of data and this has never happened before. I have not reset my network setting but I have observed from prior conversations on this topic that that isn’t helpful and I don’t want to wipe out my settings. I have an appointment tomorrow at one of the offices 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello user_l2sik6, how did your appointment with our in-store team go? Were they able to help find a resolution? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_vfm04i​ 

I have iPhone 13 that it has happened on. But it is ALSO happening on the new Google 8 phone they just sold me.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

hi there @user_275f55.

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

87 Messages

@XfinityRoberto​ I've been having this happen all day. PLEASE HELP! Iphone 15 pro that I've had for 2 months and never had this happen. Seems to happen after being on any call for longer than 14 minutes

2 Messages

4 months ago

I have been having this issue this afternoon as well. iPhone 12 Pro.

2 Messages

4 months ago

I am also having the same problem. I have Xfinity and so does my mom. I called her cell phone from mine and four minutes into the call I got the stupid recording and it was disconnected, so I called back and again four minutes into the call it happened again. And then my mom tried calling me and the same thing happened to her four minutes into the call. She heard the recording and was disconnected. Think there’s something wrong with Xfinity. 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Insist when you place your call to them that they take your phone number down and call you back because you may get cut off and mid call at any point. I actually had success getting them to call me back.

2 Messages

4 months ago

I did a chat with someone from Xfinity mobile this evening. They told me to hold on while they did a "network refresh" and then they told me to turn airplane mode off and on again 3 to 4 times. He assured me I would no longer have this problem. I just rolled my eyes because I don't fully believe that, but I did as he said and we will see. Between this and the voicemail problems I've been having for a while, I'm very close to just going back to Verizon again.

2 Messages

My mom and I were having the same issue and after reading your response we both did the turning airplane mode off and on 4 times and that actually seemed to fix the issue. So maybe everyone else can try that too and see if it helps them? 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 months ago

Same problem here. iPhone 12 Pro. Started happening today, or at least that’s when I first noticed the problem. It seems like I’m having issues with data on the cellular network as well. Some apps say they can’t connect to the server. The issues seem to be related as they both started today.

Based on the number of people with the issue in the last 24 hours it seems like it’s something Xfinity messed up with their network. I’m in the North West of the country in case ours only a local issue.

2 Messages

I am also in the PNW

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 months ago

I am having the same issue. Started yesterday. My husband would get busy signals on all calls he made. I am so  unhappy with xfinity cell service!!! Tey have been a big PETA since I  switched for the same price I had with MInt to keep my internet price down. Now I am stuck for 2 years. The worst customer service ever!! I have had their internet for 30 years!!!

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 months ago

I stopped buy the xfinity store and an employee reset my phone and it seems to be working fine. He said to do this periodically to get rid of cookies and bugs..Hope it works!

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Let us know how it goes! I’ve already tried that on my phone without any luck, but maybe it will help some other users.

Official Employee

• 

755 Messages

@deb410s we appreciate you taking the time out of your day to reply to the post. Please let us know if the reset of the phone helped resolve the issue. 

If you hadn't seen some of the replies from our awesome Xfinity Forums community: turning the airplane mode on and off 3 to 4 times has been successful with correcting. 

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Have not had a problem with phone disconnecting  since resetting my phone. Having another problem that is really irritating. On calls I am hearing my voice echo during the call!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for the details deb410s, is the speakerphone function on the activated? I have had that happen before with the touchscreen phones. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 months ago

We contacted customer service over chat last night. They assured me it was the SIM card that had failed. The  chat support is pretty useless for anything other than basic support so I didn’t have much hope.

Today, we went to the Xfinity store and the employee there said they had several customers come in with the same issue over the past day or two. They didn’t know exactly what was wrong, but guessed Verizon might have updated a tower or something else on their end. They said replacing the SIM card seemed to fix it for the other customers. They swapped my SIM card. Seemed to be working so I left, but the time I got home the same problems started happening again.

It’s only affecting one of the phones on my account. Hopefully whatever it is gets sorted soon.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

3 months ago

Hello @user_7n695l, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. Are you still having trouble with your Xfinity Mobile Services?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 months ago

Looks like my issues have resolved. Apparently, Verizon has updated whatever they needed to on their end. I don't think the SIM card replacement helped, but maybe it was some combination.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Having same issue for about 4 days now. Since this forum has same issue from 2 years ago, seems like this issue is ongoing and NOT resolved by xfinity. Typical.

1 Message

1 month ago

this has started happening to me recently too. It happens both when I attempt to place a call before call even connects, and at other times the call drops and I get his message.

Not acceptable, Xfinity. If this isn't corrected soon I will be switching carriers.

Official Employee

• 

988 Messages

Hi there, @user_cnyvvj thank you for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your Xfinity Mobile concerns. Since it's been a few days since you posted, are you still experiencing this issue? If so please don't hesitate to reach back out to us in a DM with your full first and last name along with your full service address so that we can look further into this for you.

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

29 days ago

As of this post time; news agencies in the US have reported that AT&T and Verizon are, yet-again, having MAJOR issues connecting to and/or through other carriers.

For me it began around 11AM EDT today with cell phones and land-lines (Including calls in/out on Xfinity, Verizon and AT&T. Some calls won t connect at all and if they do connect they “auto-drop” after 10 or 15 minutes exactly with the now infamous “notification 19.”

Not to be an alarmist but this is and has been a continuous growing issue in the past six months or more and I cannot help but wonder if the "state-sponsored enemy" and/or greedy “ransom-ware” hackers are “beta-testing” for the “big-one.” Sorry to say we can t rule it out.

(edited)

1 Message

17 days ago

I'm having the same issue on my Android device.  I'm also having an issue with people calling me and saying I called them and they are returning my call.  First I don't know whom called them, but it wasn't me and I don't know the number. I feel like my number has been hacked. I called xfinity and they said I could change my number but I had my number for years and I wish not to make that change. Any suggestions or comments. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here