U

Visitor

• 

61 Messages

Thursday, May 9th, 2024 12:26 PM

Very slow reception of SMS on both ends

This has been an issue since I started my mobile account.  Today, I sent a SMS this morning, roughly 30 minutes ago and it still has not been seen my my recipient.

Two days ago a friend sent me a SMS at 7PM on the 7th and I didn't get the message until 8:15 AM the next day.  

Why for instance is this thus? And what is the reason for this thusness? 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 months ago

Good morning user_2a191c thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum. I am sorry to hear you're facing some delays in receiving SMS messages and understand how this would be quite frustrating, especially when you're expecting important ones.

Regarding the SMS you sent earlier today that hasn't reached your recipient yet, it's possible there could be some network congestion or temporary issues. I'd recommend giving it a little more time to see if the message eventually goes through. If the delay continues, please let us know so we can troubleshoot this issue.

As for the SMS you received with a significant delay, delays like this can happen due to various reasons, such as network congestion, technical hiccups, or even issues with your device or network connection. If this happens frequently, we can investigate further and troubleshoot if needed.

In both situations, ensuring your device has a strong signal and is updated with the latest software can help minimize these delivery delays. A quick way to do this is to turn off your phone for a few minutes and then turn it back on. Let us know if you need further assistance or have any other questions.

Visitor

• 

61 Messages

I have a very strong signal.  This has been an issue for months. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 months ago

user_2a191c I want to ensure you are provided the best support possible. Please tell me a little more about when you are experiencing this issue. For example, are you experiencing this issue when sending messages to particular numbers or when sending a message during a certain time of day?

Visitor

• 

61 Messages

To any number at any time. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_2a191c Here is a full list of troubleshooting steps to take when experiencing delays in sending or receiving SMS messages. Please review and if you need assistance performing any of these steps by sending me a direct message with your full name and address. I will be happy to provide more details. 

1. Check Network Connection: Ensure that your device has a stable network connection. Poor signal strength or network congestion can lead to delays in message delivery.

2. Restart Your Device: Sometimes, simply restarting your phone can resolve temporary glitches or issues with the messaging app.

3. Check Message Settings: Verify that your messaging app settings are configured correctly, including the message center number and message format settings.

4. Clear Messaging App Cache: Clearing the cache and data of your messaging app can help refresh the app and resolve any underlying issues.

5. Update Messaging App: Make sure your messaging app is updated to the latest version available. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can help resolve issues.

6. Check for Software Updates: Ensure that your device's operating system is up-to-date. Software updates may include fixes for messaging-related issues.

7. Disable Wi-Fi Calling: If you're experiencing delays while connected to Wi-Fi, try disabling Wi-Fi calling temporarily to see if it improves message delivery.

8. Reset Network Settings: Resetting your device's network settings can help resolve connectivity issues that may be affecting message delivery.

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here