U

Wednesday, July 17th, 2024 6:29 PM

upgraded to Gateway router and now the landline only works for outgoing calls

We finally upgraded the router and it seems that others have had this exact problem. I should be clear that the phone line works for outgoing calls, but when someone calls the landline it say " the wireless customer you are trying to call is unavailable at this time please try your call again later." ?????  

I've tried to call and talk to someone but always get an automated response and none of the solutions offered fit the problem. 

again it seems this has happened to others so what is the issue and how can we fix it?

Thanks

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

3 months ago

@user_mozqy1 Check your call forward phone settings to confirm there is not an erroneous phone number in there.

4 Messages

Thank you. I did check and there is no numbers on the call forwarding...

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 months ago

@user_mozqy1 Hi there! Thanks for reaching out for help on our Xfinity Forums! I'm so sorry to read of the trouble you are having with receiving calls. Thank you for check the recommendation from @DreamSayerZ that is very commonly the issue! Good check @DreamSayerZ!
Since that did not help us out, I have a feeling that when the modem was activated something failed for the phone provisioning. No fear, you are in good hands with our team here for help. 

Please send us a direct message with your name and service address. From there we will be able to dig into the equipment and help make sure it's activated correctly! 
To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here