cynthiac20's profile

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, April 21st, 2024 10:57 PM

Unlock Device Problem

I've tried via phone, chat and in person to unlock my phone to leave for another carrier since rates are going up. Has anyone been successful get an unlock code for your phone? I was told by the "executive office" to simply port in my number with my new carrier because phone was unlocked . I attempted this, but phone still stated it was locked through Xfinity. I then had to reinstate my service with Xfinity at 25 dollar new account fee. My phone is being held hostage even though it is paid off 

Problem Solver

• 

448 Messages

2 months ago

@cynthiac20 Have seen other posts similar to yours recently. Phone supposedly unlocked but not, and customers going through hoops. Hopefully you get this resolved and Xfinity Mobile refunds you for having to sign back up to fix!

My advice to those reading this and planning a move to a new carrier. Make sure that your device says No SIM restrictions!

Official Employee

• 

782 Messages

2 months ago

Hello cynthiac20 We'd love to assist with this. Our device unlock requirements are pretty standard. 

In most cases, your phone will be unlocked automatically within 48 hours of being paid off.

Here are the other unlock requirements to be aware of:

• At least 60 days must pass since your phone was activated.
  • Your Xfinity Mobile account cannot have a past-due balance.
  • Your phone cannot be reported lost, stolen, or involved in fraudulent activity.

Since you've talked with us previously, we can review those prior actions to see where else we can serve you. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name, Xfinity Movile cell number, and address and I'll be happy to help.

1 Message

@XfinityAlfonso​ We have the same problem with my wife's phone.  We've been told it is unlocked multiople time but still says it is locked on the device.  

David [Edited: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here