U

Friday, November 24th, 2023 7:39 PM

Closed

Texts majorly delayed

For about the past 2 months we are having issues with our texts continuing to show the little clock icon under them. I have uninstalled Google messages, I've tried to turn off RCS chats but they still continue to lag. Does Xfinity not support messaging anymore? People are not receiving my texts till much later and it's very very frustrating and unreliable

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

7 months ago

Hello, @user_g1a7lk. Thanks for reaching out to our Community Forums. It sounds like your device may not have a full connection to the cellular network. The simple solution would be to reset the network settings on the device, so a fresh connection can be established to the network. Here is a link to the Device Reset options on the Xfinity Mobile site that will help guide you for your particular device. 

Also, you may want to ensure the SIM card for your device is securely installed.

3 Messages

@XfinityMartyR​ I already did all those things, even reset my phone, got a new SIM card. Reset the network when on Airplane mode etc. I was on the phone with xfinity mobile for a good hour and a 1/2. Then I went to the store where they replaced my SIM card.  Unfortunately, the issue is still happening but the store I was at said it was a Samsung issue with the recent update.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_g1a7lk Ah okay, sounds like you have taken all the steps in this type of situation. Have you reached out to Samsung for a resolution, or to verify the issue? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here