U

Monday, May 6th, 2024 5:17 AM

SOS Mode

This ongoing sos mode is due to Xfinity's mobile provisioning server. I had this issue with one of my lines and asked when is this going to be fixed? I said I'm an engineer and this is a backend provisioning server. He then rebuttle, " if you're an engineer why can't you fix it and having to call us?" Apparently, he doesn't seem to understand this is a backend provisioning server issue. I do not work for Xfinity to fix it.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 months ago

user_wb0a33 Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum regarding the SOS mode on your Mobile device this is not the experience we want for you while using our service or when trying to get to the root of the issue. 

To fix SOS mode on an XM device, you can try the following steps:
1. Restart the XM device by pressing and holding the Power button for 10 seconds or by unplugging it for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in.
2. If the issue persists, access the Device Settings on the XM device by pressing the Xfinity button on the remote, selecting Settings, and then navigating to Power Preferences.
3. From there, choose the Restart option to initiate a restart of the device.
4. If none of the above steps work, please contact our XM customer support team by contacting our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Text Message: 888-936-4968

Phone: 888-936-4968

Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

2 Messages

Then tell that CSR to not tell me to fix the problem when it's not my [Edit: Language] issue and it's your company's problem. He should be reprimanded how he handled the call with zero knowledge of the situation. He's an [Edit: Language] to tell me to fix the problem myself

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

user_wb0a33 I hear where you are coming from. We appreciate the feedback on the experience you had. We are continuously looking for ways to improve our customers experience with our products, services, and support channels. I would be happy to pass along the feedback on the interaction. Please send a Direct Message with your name, the service address, and mobile number associated with your account. 

Did you have a chance to try the steps we provided, and did they work for you? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here