U

4 Messages

Monday, January 8th, 2024 11:14 AM

Closed

SOS mode recurring

I'm copying and pasting a prior post that is EXACTLY my issue. Apparently Xfinity closed it and it's impossible to comment or do anything with that post. It's like they know their system is broken and are giving up (they hadn't even replied to that post.)  Also, when reporting a mobile issue, I can't select a topic other than "plan". What a horrible forum site!

Anyone else having connectivity issues, cycling from four bars to SOS mode constantly?

Hi All - 

I've had Verizon for years, an iPhone 8, work from home, and have never had any issues with Verizon (Xfinity Mobile) where I live. I shifted to Xfinity Mobile well over a year ago.  About two months ago I noticed my phone began to cycle in connectivity every couple hours, from 4 bars to SOS mode, also found calls were not coming in (intermittent), notifications for voice mails the following day, and text messages seriously delayed.  The only way to correct this was to restart the phone.  Thinking it might be iOS 16, I downgraded to 15.6, with no change.  Reset the network settings, no change.  I own 4 iPhones of differing vintages, 6 Plus, 7, SE (2nd gen) and the 8.  I moved the SIM to each phone, the behavior followed.  At that point I assumed the issue was the SIM, and after a brief struggle with Xfinity I received a replacement Monday, January 30.  To my chagrin, it is not the SIM card after all, the behavior persists with the new SIM card in all four phones.

This indicates to me a network issue, not a phone or SIM issue.  Online there are NUMEROUS threads of similar experiences with individuals who had no previous issues seeing the same behavior.  As a small business owner this is more than problematic, calling tech support will be of no help.  Is Verizon, and by extension, Xfinity, aware of this?  Can anyone shed some light on this?  If I can't find a resolution I'm going to have to shift providers, and relatively quickly, as this is impacting day-to-day operations which I can't afford.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

This is my issue as well.  Every once in a while I get a no SIM card or SIM card failure message and the phone goes to SOS mode.  I contacted Xfinity over a week ago, and after an hour the representative said they would send me a new SIM card.  Long story short, no SIM card arrived so I called them again today.  This representative said there was a problem with the prior order so he cancelled it and initiated a new one.  Also, he said I should have received an email confirming the order.  I never did then or today!  It shouldn’t be this difficult to replace a SIM card!

4 Messages

I just walked into an Xfinity store and got it quickly replaced. But it did nothing to help. Good luck!

Retired Employee

• 

729 Messages

@user_3vq5wb  Thanks for leaving a comment with your shared mobile concerns. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've had and would love to help in any way that I can! Since Xfinity Mobile support is limited for our Digital Care Team via social media, we ask that you reach directly out (by call or text) to our Xfinity Mobile Sales and Service team at 1-888-936-4968 for further assistance with your mobile device. You may also use our Secure Online Chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7! 

Official Employee

• 

990 Messages

Hello @JRNewhouse. Did you get confirmation on a new sim card and get this taken care of?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

9 months ago

I have called multiple times and gotten nowhere. Xfinity has made zero effort to resolve this issue, not only for me, but for many other local residents, as I have found through discussion on the Nextdoor app.  It seems that Xfinity is either hiding something or just refusing to make it better.

1 Message

I’m so frustrated with the service 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_8yjcvw. If you are having issues with your Mobile service you can reach out to or Mobile expert team at the https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile site, or you can text or call them directly at 888-936-4968. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

5 months ago

I have NEVER been so frustrated at the circular runaround I have had with Xfi.  I have been trying 4 weeks to move my service to another carrier.  I was without a phone (due to the SOS fiasco) for 4.5 business days, I was on hold with at least 10 different customer service and tech service people, I went into the "Xfi AUTHORIZED store, and I finally ended up getting a new phone with a new carrier.  AND now, even though my former device (which I bought from Xfi and was paid IN FULL) is LOCKED.  What in the actual heck is going on?  All I want to do is use my phone from Xfi and give it to my daughter to use and NO ONE can help me.  Had the SOS fiasco been resolved, I wouldn't have taken my service elsewhere... but after all of this, Xfi will NEVER have my business, EVER again.  What a complete waste of my time.

1 Message

Today I noticed the same problem with my son's iPhone 15 Pro. I will contact Secure Online Chat and see what they can do

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_ojgw75 we're so sorry to hear about the frustrations you've experienced with attempting to move your Xfinity Mobile device to a new carrier.  If this device is still locked, we'd love to assist you, so you can use the device. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, and then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and we'll be happy to help.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi @user_99v30f,

Thank you for reaching out on this thread. I see you, too, are seeing the same troubles. I can tell this has been very frustrating, and I appreciate your patience. Does this happen to any other iPhone in the home? Can you let me know what troubleshooting steps you've taken so far? 

1 Message

4 months ago

Recently I’m having this issue of my iPhone 15 Pro Max intermittently. And like you said as a small business it’s hard to deal with missed calls and messages.

i had hell of time recently when it got stuck in SOS and would not activate and the phone was auto issuing eSim(upwards of 10,000) 😫

finally someone at Xfinity Mobile on the phone support side got it to activate with my phone information (IMEI ETC) after a week off so of no service

And it finally activated. Then the darn SOS issue came back.

After multiple calls and visits to Apple Store and Xfi Stores everyone is just pointing fingers like it’s a Verizon issue, Apple (hardware) etc.

Heres is the irony of the situation the 3 remaining (iPhone 15Pro) work fine.

Can someone from Xfinity (manager or supervisor) please call me or message me to get this issue resolved otherwise I will be switching all my lines to another provider.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, how are you doing today @user_08g2qb? Hopefully overall you've had a good weekend! Our team on forums is equipped to support you on the public page and over direct message as needed. We'll always follow the right process to give you the best possible support using our platform. When it comes to Xfinity Mobile you will need to have worked with them via chat support and on the phone for us to take the next steps to help on forums. If you have already contacted our Xfinity Mobile team at 888-936-4968 and used the following chat link can you let us know the exact days you reached out? 

xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

For several months I have lost service for hours at a time..... everyday..... like now.  My Wi-Fi works and I have a cell tower one mile away and in line of sight.  There are times people tell me they called and got no answer. I assume the service was not working at those times either.  I've tried every remedy possible. It isn't the phone, it's the horrible 3rd world service.

Good luck trying to call someone in an emergency.  I have......... no service

Xfinity mobile is a scam. Several hours of daily downtime is an embarrassment,

Time to cancel this service and go back to Verizon. It costs more, but who wants to pay less for a COMPLETELY UNRELIABLE service.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @mgd99 Thank you for taking the time out to reach out to us regarding your Xfinity Mobile service issues you are experiencing. Since it's been a few days since you posted, are you still experiencing the same issues?-Richard

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

still having issues.  I was able to make calls today, but it dropped the calls several times during each. It also dropped calls that I received. One call dropped 4 times in less than 5 minutes. The calls were local, intra-USA and international. 

I did not have this problem during the 15 years I used Verizon Wireless. The sales pitch is that Xfinity Mobile uses the same network.  Perhaps it does, but it must be throttled in some manner because the quality of service is not the same. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

I'm very sorry, @mgd99 that you are still having issues with your Xfinity Mobile service. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it

1 Message

4 months ago

This SOS problem is very frustrating. Spending hours on the chat support, then in-store, all they wanted you to do is to restart the networks, then nothing works! 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_kenl10. I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

1 Message

4 months ago

I’m having the same issue. I have not been able to use my phone but they are charging me for service.  [Edited: "Solicitation"]. Instead, of charging multiple people money for a service they aren’t delivering on!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

817 Messages

user_35jbo7 Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Happened to my iPhone SE 3rd gen as soon as my device got unlocked (after 2 year term).

Tried un/re-plugging in the physical SIM card, reboot, power cycle, airplane mode.

Finally took it into a Xfinity store and got an eSIM.  Problem gone for now.

Not sure if this is a real solution, as eSIM isn't available to everybody.  At least my issue has been resolved.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Oh god. I just switched over from Verizon tonight and already have SOS issues. I can’t get a text to go through to my husband. I have huge regrets after reading these posts. Is there ANYONE who has had this resolved?

Official Employee

• 

885 Messages

user_c62f43 We appreciate you sharing, and glad you were able to get this resolved at the Xfinity store. 

Official Employee

• 

817 Messages

cmg1234 Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

2 Messages

3 months ago

YES - it just started a couple of days ago on my phone. Says internet is not connected too - and No sim card available. 6-20-2024

Two days ago I shut down the iphone (SE) and it started with that same sos. A bit later it quit and returned to the xfinity power bar. I assumed xfinity was having a problem. But AGAIN? TODAY? of all days I need to make an important phone call. I may switch back to Verizon.

1 Message

3 months ago

Currently experiencing the same issue, which began on 7/6. I have been into an Xfinity store twice and they have tried to add and remove an eSim, which service worked for about 10-15mins (enough time for them to send me away and say service is back) only for the SOS to appear again. I've attempted to chat with several agents through the chat on my Xfinity app, but nothing works. It is so frustrating, no one seems to have a solution or what the next steps are after attempting to add/remove eSims, reset network settings or powering device on and off. My last straw was yesterday after spending 3 hours of my evening talking to 2 agents by phone. The first agent tried anything and everything and service worked for 10 mins then SOS appeared again. I called back a second time and the agent stated that an advanced team is working on the back end to figure out what is going on with my service/device, but kept putting me on hold. Which I believe they do not know what is going on or how to help and were waiting for me to end the call after waiting on the phone for an hour and half. They concluded the call by stating that someone would give me a call back, which was total BS no one has called me back.

I moved services from TMobile about 6 months ago and I'm so over this, I am about ready to go back. The customer service with Xfinity mobile is trash! This is the worst experience ever, and here I am 4 days later with no service. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

I went back to Verizon. Tried to take my number. Xfinity has made it very difficult to do so. Now they give you a transfer pin good for 4 hrs. That allows the new provider the ability to check if they can transfer it. But when you get the new SIM card from the new provider and put it in, the activation requires another PIN. However Xfinity will only text it to the phone you are trying to move. Problem is that once the new sim is in, it won't receive texts from Xfinity, because the new phone number has not been ported to Verizon yet (Spent hrs on calls with the porting dept) Therefore you can't supply the final PIN to transfer a number and Xfinity won't release it.  I spent 4 days on phone calls lasting hours at a time, often getting disconnected after 90 minutes. Btw their phone tree takes you in deliberate circles that end with a hang up. I finally got someone from Verizon on the phone with Xfinity............ still no help. So, I ended up just cancelling the Xfinity and getting Verizon to assign a new number to my existing phone. They had to overnight a new SIM to do it but it's done now and I am never going back. Made me angry enough I dumped most of my bloated cable package and decreased my bloated internet speed. Saved a couple hundred a month.  Oh and cancelling the mobile happened when I had Verizon call xFinity on a three way call. It was the only way to get a person from Xfinity mobile on the phone to cancel. It's very scammish

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_l4yiih Hello and thank you for reporting the trouble you are having with the mobile service. I'm sorry for the interruption and the ongoing issue. Our mobile experts are usually terrific at resolving these issues. Considering you are taken every route possible, please allow my team to assist and reach out to the mobile team on your behalf. I know how important it is to have the services working, and I want to help make sure we find the complete resolution for us. 

Please send us your name, service address and the mobile number so that we can work to have this corrected. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Going on in Boston today SOS mode all damn day. Worst.service.in.the.us.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

tyr3ll7941 Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum. I’m really sorry to hear about the trouble you’re experiencing with your service while traveling to Boston. I can understand how frustrating it must be to deal with ongoing connectivity issues, especially when it impacts your activities while traveling. If you’re still having trouble with the connection, please let me know. I’m here to help and can assist you in troubleshooting or escalating the issue if needed. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we want to ensure you get the service you deserve.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I have 3 phones with Xfinity Mobile at first my service was great! I got myself a new Galaxy and my son a new iPhone 15 for Christmas and it all went downhill his phone doesn't work at his job he missed a bunch of important calls!! I'm just over it I called them they tell me something about Amana 3G plan they're going to upgrade me to the 5G plan and it's $20 less so means third generation 5th generation it did nothing different that I told us what to do to our phones going reset Wi-Fi networks and all that it didn't work my younger son works for T-Mobile we're going to go get phone to him and get the family discount!! I am over it! 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thanks for bringing your connection concerns to our attention. @user_62f3f3 I’m sorry to hear how this experience has made you feel. We value your business and wish to resolve this with you. Is the only place at work where the connection issues are happening?

1 Message

2 months ago

All my lines with Xfinity were in SOS mode for over half of a day. The chat agent tried to help, then pretended we lost a connection and ended chat after all the “fixes” were tried and failed. 
I feee see l duped by Xfinity. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

had the same experience with their online chat last weekend - SOS mode for iPhone 13mini, got on their chat, customer rep tried without any success then pretended that our connection was lost before terminating the chat.  called the 800 number on Monday and received a replacement SIM.  It came 2 days later, but new SUN doesn't work, so SOS mode continues.  Called 800 again, and rep doesn't know how to help to make new SIM work.  From a NorCal customer...

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here