U

Sunday, June 2nd, 2024 10:41 PM

Since upgrading to XB7 (in bridge mode) wifi connected devices keep dropping home network (full bars) and connecting to hotspot (one bar)

The hard wired devices stay connected and have no interruption of service, but WiFi connected devices will periodically disconnect form my home network and connect to "Xfinity Mobile" which has terrible service and is a network that cannot be removed from the device memory. It isn't a case of the Router dropping the home network temporarily because it never happens to all the devices at once. This issue started when we were sent the XB7 "upgrade".

Problem Solver

• 

449 Messages

1 month ago

2 Messages

@DreamSayerZ​ thank you for answering, unfortunately I’ve already tried that and the hotspots are considered “managed networks” in iPhone so auto join cannot be deselected. I’ve also seen people say to delete the profile in the VPN settings but there is no profile there to delete. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello user_qi3ppm, I can see how that would get annoying to deal with, but I have your back on this. To help get us on the same page and avoid repeating any steps, can you please advise any troubleshooting steps you've already taken? Are you able to test your connectivity issue without your XB7 in bridge mode? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here