U

Tuesday, January 30th, 2024 7:08 AM

S23 Ultra going to SOS mode randomly

Oh how I wish I had seen these posts before we left Verizon... I never thought I would say a phone carrier was worse than Verizon & AT&T but Xfinity Mobile has done it!  This issue of SOS mode began about 2 months ago.  I have tried numerous times to get answers and possibly an educated guess and help with this, but Xfinity talks encircles and never calls you back.

Does anyone know if this is Xfinity & Samsung specific issue or does Iphone have the same problem?  I never considered an iPhone but seems I may be going that way.  But most of all, getting away from Xfinity Mobile!  

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

5 months ago

@user_o9ua8q  Thank you for reaching out. While our team can help with a wide variety of concerns, due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account-specific requests over this platform--this includes billing, sales, device questions, etc. For all Xfinity Mobile-related questions please contact Xfinity Mobile by calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reach out to a Secure Online Chat. (https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile)

However, I did some research and found that there could be several reasons your phone is going into SOS mode including:

• Poor cellular reception
  • SIM card failure
  • Cellular settings not set to Automatic
  • Faulty or weak network coverage
  • Carrier issues
  • SIM card isn’t inserted correctly or it is broken or damaged in some way
  • Airplane mode is active

To disable Emergency SOS on Android, open your settings page, select Safety & emergency > Emergency SOS > and toggle off Use Emergency SOS.

I have a newer iPhone on our network and have found that while driving over a mountain pass or in some rural areas my phone will go into SOS mode for a short time while searching for a connection. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here