R

Tuesday, July 16th, 2024 6:23 AM

Playstation Portal Connection - Xfinity Wifi/Hotspot

Trying to connect to the xfinity hotspot near my office that my phone connects too, but when I attempt to connect the playstation portal it provides an error message and never gives prompt to log in. I can connect to several other sources no problem. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 months ago

Greetings, @Ricktator! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues connecting your device, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance. Can you tell me a little more about the error message you are receiving? Is there a code associated with it?

4 Messages

@XfinityJamesC​ no error message. It just isn’t populating the captcha login portal to put credentials 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for getting back to me, @Ricktator. Can you confirm the connection speed you are receiving from the hotspot is a minimum of 5 Mbps? I know the PlayStation Portal has a minimum broadband requirement of 5 Mbps, with a recommended connection speed of 15 Mbps. If your connection is under that minimum, it may not be progressing to the login prompt.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I’m getting 27.5 download and 5.7 upload consistently. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

That's good to know, @Ricktator. We can rule out any kind of performance issues. I can't think of anything specific with the hotspot that would make it incompatible, especially if all your other devices can connect without any issues. Have you tried forgetting the network or resetting the network settings on the device to see if it will allow you to establish a fresh connection?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I have done that. Unfortunately what occurs is when I select the hotspot area it basically says unable to connect or connection error. May have to contact Sony/playstation. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here