U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, May 4th, 2024 9:07 PM

number@vtext.com (SMS), number@mypixmessages.com (MMS) no longer work

Is there a workaround to getting vtext or mypixmessages to work with xfinity? I can not send an email to either and receive it as a text message on my phone. I don't know when it quit working but it is a very valuable feature for me. Is there an app that can convert an email to a text? Is there a way of doing it through forwarding to xfinity mail? What are the options to get around this service being removed from xfinity? I really need it.

Thank you for any helpful ideas.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 months ago

Hi @user_5bf101,

Thank you for reaching out. I hope you are doing well, besides your concern with the email-to-text option. I haven't seen any updates regarding supporting this option in some time. Have you, by chance, checked if you may have opted out of getting email-to-text messages? If not, you can check the status of your email-to-text setting by texting Status to 4040. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I just did as you suggested, the response was:

"Email to Text is allowed for your phone number."

So, it's not off or opted out. But it does not work. When attempting to send an email to (my phone #)@mypixmessages.com or @vtext.com they will get returned to sender as undeliverable. I had contacted support and they attempted to send to my phone and it didn't work for them either.

Any other suggestions? Should I attempt to find the underlying verizon phone number for my phone and send it there? If so, how would I go about finding the verizon phone number for my phone?

Thanks!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Got it. Thanks for clearing that up @user_5bf101. I appreciate all your time on this post. I did find posts of others reporting the same, but I haven't seen any formal announcement of the service no longer being supported. Perhaps we'll get more info on this going forward. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 months ago

@user_5bf101 Based on your post, the proper steps are being followed. I don't see any information on my end that would be preventing the action. You stated it was working before, and it just stopped. Have you made any changes to your plan or device since then? Have you already contacted Xfinity Mobile as well? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sorry for the confusion, I can see that other people had this feature working a couple of years ago by the posts on the forum. I don't see any recent posts on the subject. So, it seems to have been working at some point, either that or people just gave up on trying. I have only looked into it in the past week and have not been able to get it to work, and like I said, it didn't work for the tech at xfinity either.

I hope that clears up my miscommunication in my first post.

Thanks!

1 Message

2 months ago

I lost this feature when I switched from T Mobile to Xfinity Mobile.  I called Xfinity Mobile Customer Service to find a solution and they were of no help.  They just put me on hold forever.  Leason learned, I guess.

Official Employee

• 

574 Messages

user_imskus Have you found a workaround to using the feature?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

It appears that this is not blocked but it does not function for Xfinity Mobile users. I think it's a translation error in the Xfinity system from being piggybacked on top of a Verizon based account. Xfinity Mobile phones have an underlying Verizon phone number associated to them and it looks to me that this is the number that would have to be used for the email service to work. I will have to see if I can find my non-translated Verizon phone number and see if it works for email to text. Xfinity does not work, despite what they say about this issue and their people don't have any knowledge on this. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here