N

Visitor

• 

38 Messages

Saturday, July 6th, 2024 5:48 PM

Mobile phone service - garbled, cutting in/out

People are saying they are having a hard time hearing me on my mobile phone. They said it's garbled, robotic, cutting in and out, etc. This has been going on for 2 weeks now. I did a voice memo recording to see if it was my phone, but that is crystal clear. I had also powered off/on my phone and that didn't make a difference. In addition, I tried switching to headset, airpods, etc. Still having trouble hearing me. Anyone else having this issue on Xfinity Mobile? In addition, I have only 1 bar (so sometimes when we are not at home on WiFi, I can't get web pages or maps to load very well).  

Problem Solver

• 

488 Messages

2 months ago

@NewCustomer3 You mentioned you only have 1 bar. Is this everywhere, or only at home? If at home, is this when people have difficulty hearing you? If so, you should enable Wi-Fi calling. That will help. I rely on it, because live in a rural area with only 1 bar. Out of home service is fine.

Visitor

• 

38 Messages

@DreamSayerZ​ Thanks for the suggestion. People are complaining about hearing me when having phone calls anywhere, not just at home. We have had this mobile service for well over a year and have only started having this issue in the last 2-3 weeks. In general, I only have one bar most everywhere and it's very annoying when we are out or in the car and trying to use browser, maps, etc. 

Problem Solver

• 

488 Messages

@NewCustomer3​ If the problem just started recently, something is awry. I would contact Xfinity Mobile support for assistance so they can troubleshoot.

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat:  https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Visitor

• 

38 Messages

Thank you. I had an appointment with Xfinity in the store and they changed a setting my phone (to not look for Xfinity wifi hotspots). The guy assured me that's what the issue was. Well...I continue to have only 1 bar and continue to hear complaints from people that my phone service is cutting in/out during calls. I am beyond frustrated at how crappy this service is. Might have saved some money by switching to Xfinity mobile, but I am unable to have important phone calls and who knows what would happen if we had to call 911. I'll be headed back to the store and then likely moving to another carrier. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi there @NewCustomer3. I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

38 Messages

Yes, I've chatted with the support folks..twice. I cannot call, because people cannot hear me. They get about every 3rd or 4th word. I have visited the local store twice. The changes they have made (one was a configuration change to "not" search for Xfinity mobile hotspots" and the other was to put us on the "newer network", because we were on an "older plan"???? This involved some change at the Xfinity side and resetting network settings on the phones.....have not resolved the issue. Frustration is growing! I have now made an appointment for a 3rd visit to the store for today. I need to switch to another carrier if this cannot be resolved right away. It's crucial to have working services. We do not have a landline. This morning's issues: Making two outgoing calls. Both ended up in "call failed" and I had to retry to get the calls to go out. This has been an intermittent issue for about 3 weeks now. Also, once the calls went through today - people cannot hear me. Breaking up and can only hear a few words and not enough to make out what I'm saying. So basically unusable phone services that I'm paying for. I did another voice recording on my phone today just to reconfirm for folks that my phone microphone is fully functional and the recording is crystal clear. 

Visitor

• 

38 Messages

14 days ago

Update: Visited the Xfinity store again because the above solution from the tech at the store did not resolved the issue. This time, they removed my sim card and am now using the e-sim. Test call in the store was fine. But what I'll say is that there is very good cellular service in that area. I have continued to have intermittent issues with only having 1 bar on my phone and people cannot hear me. Complaints are - getting about every 3rd word I'm saying or they just hear clicking. I'm beyond frustrated. When we were on Verizon, we did not have this issue ever. We've lived in the same house for 20 years and were on Verizon that entire time - no issues. So there must be some kind of secondary or lower priority service configuration for Xfinity customers riding on the Verizon network.Two blocks away from my house - 5G signal is strong. When in many locations near out home or within our state, we only have 1 bar. I've noticed if I have 2 bars then I don't have the issue. I do not want to do wifi calling - there are 911 implications with this. AND....we live in a very populated area. I get that when we travel to more remote areas, the signal strength will be limited. Next step is to move back to Verizon and negotiate some sort of deal to not have to have my Xfinity internet costs go sky high since I wont' have the bundle with Xfinity anymore. I cannot be in a position where I cannot make important phone calls (doctor, pharmacy, how about 911). 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

NewCustomer3, I am sorry to hear you are still having trouble with your service. We want to do everything we can to get this working for you. Since this is with your mobile service, have we done anything through our mobile department? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here