U

27 Messages

Tuesday, October 17th, 2023 10:25 PM

Closed

MMS sending error

Originally getting 'Message not sent: service not activated on network, support played around, now getting,  'Message not sent: invalid destination address, xfinity needs to fix and soon, lines used for business 

4 Messages

9 months ago

MMS Sending error:  Verizon was updating towers (October 13th) and our family lost the ability to send calls or texts unless on we used Wi-Fi calling.  After the tower was back up we received "Service Not Activated on Network" when we tried to send MMS (texts with photos).  Agents online have had us reset our phones so many times with no help.  An agent in the Xfinity store swapped out a SIM card but still it does not work. Now (October 19th) I am lending my voice to this forum to see if we can get more help.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

9 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_b0ns5o! Our team wants to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

27 Messages

@XfinityAldrik​ I have tried chat and texting and calling, many, many times and also several visits to the store, many of the agents have no clue and unfortunately keep repeating the same fixes, I have been told 2-4 hours to fix, and then a ticket to be answered in 24 hours, no responses and no fixes. These are new phones, and a new account only a week old. The error has to do with RCS and non RCS phones and some work that Verizon has done on the system. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for confirming that @user_b0ns5o! Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I went to the store today. The agent contacted Tier 2 service.  50 minutes later (after all the same tests) they transferred me to Tier 3 service. Within 1 hour my 3 phones were working again and able to send MMS without difficulty

27 Messages

I am hoping this fix mine as well, went to the store today and also went through all the same test, but no transfer to tier 3 

27 Messages

@user_kbplwh​ did they identify what they did to fix yours.

1 Message

7 months ago

Has anyone found a solution to this problem. It just started for me. I'm not receiving any group texts or pictures because of it.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Greetings, @user_riuafn and @Cjenlee_914! My name is James, and I am part of the corporate Digital Care Team here at Comcast. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to leave a post on our community forum, and I want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. As my colleague @XfinityAldrik mentioned back in October, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited on this platform, due to account security protocols.

Your best course of action is to call or text 1 (888) 936-4968, or reach out to our secure online chat at https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile, where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7. Please let me know if you are still not able to resolve this with our Xfinity Mobile Team directly, and we can try to put you in touch with someone.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

7 months ago

I'm experiencing the very same issue.

..."service not activated on the network".

Official Employee

• 

784 Messages

Hey @Cjenlee_914 Have you had an opportunity to call or text 1 (888) 936-4968, or reach out to our secure online chat at https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile ? Our Mobile Pros are ready and able to help resolve this issue with you. 

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityAlfonso​ 

Yes, I've chatted with xfinity support numerous times. I was told a ticket was entered but, as of yet, no fix or response.

1 Message

@Cjenlee_914​  yeah I'm honestly about to just switch carriers this secondhand service is ridiculous its clearly a widespread ossue and ive been having this problem for months only getting worse, and apparently people.whove reached out for help arent getting helped. Yeahhhh im out time for a big boy service lol can't even send and barely get pictures and videos, missing vital group texts from work, can't even SEND group texts for work barely get Internet in air of places. Might as well be reimbursed for the last 3 months foreal, like that'd ever happen lol.

Official Employee

• 

581 Messages

Hey there, @Brazzknuckzz! I am sorry to hear about the experience with your device and sending messages. We are limited on our access with Xfinity Mobile, and would recommend calling or text 1 (888) 936-4968, or reach out to our secure online chat at https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile, where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7. Please let me know if you are still not able to resolve this with our Xfinity Mobile Team directly, and we can try to put you in touch with someone.

4 Messages

7 months ago

As stated earlier, my solution came from tier 3 customer support at the xfinity store, not anything I did to my phone. 

1 Message

6 months ago

I have been having the same issue. Xfinity assistant and customer service was not helpful. I finally figured it out on my own. I backed up all my data then reset network setting. The issue I saw was my Sim mobile network said disconnected and after I completed reset I was able to send pictures again. After reset sim mobile network said connected. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here