U

Monday, November 6th, 2023 9:56 PM

Closed

Missing calls and messages

I switched 2 phones (mine and my daughter's) from Verizon to Xfinity mobile back in August and it has been nothing but a nightmare! But today takes the cake. A few weeks ago my daughter was at a school function and tried to call me and text me several times to come get her early and none of it went through to my phone even though we both have Xfinity mobile. When it was time to pick her up, I tried calling and texting her and she never got anything on her phone. We both reset our phones and the texts showed up, but not the missed calls. So I have been resetting my phone often since then. Today my mother came to my house to tell me my daughter's school called her because my daughter was sick and they couldn't get ahold of me. Apparently they called from the school landline and left me a voice mail. I never showed a missed call or a voice mail even after I reset my phone. I called the school to verify the correct phone number was on file and it was correct. It is infuriating that I am not reachable in emergency situations anymore. It makes me wonder what other calls I have missed and what other messages I have never received. I never had this or any problems in the 10+ years I was with Verizon and I'm so mad at myself for switching and I am very close to switching back!!

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

8 months ago

@user_9f0ljh Hello, I'm so sorry to learn about what's going on with the phones, especially when it comes to your daughter. 

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

4 Messages

Omg they no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

8 months ago

I have been having the same problem for the last week or two. Both my children's schools have called and left messages and I didn't get the missed call or any voicemails. They called multiple times and the fourth call came through. It was the first call my phone registered at all in my call log. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@Jillb35 Your Xfinity Mobile device could be having a signal reception concern. You might want to try restarting the device, or resetting the network settings so your device syncs correctly with the mobile network. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Yes I’ve done this and spoken to support 5-6 times. I’ve updated to IOS 17, restarted phone, reset network settings, had the voicemail reprovisioned 3 times and it’s still happening only with the school phone numbers (multiple numbers and once out of every four or so calls come through). The numbers are not blocked and there is nothing else that looks to be causing it. They are saying to try a new SIM card. I get it Monday and the school will continue to call me to test it. My daughter has cancer and the nurse called me multiple times today and couldn’t reach me. Very frustrating. It’s also not my voicemail when it clicks on. It’s a generic VM with just my number and an automated voice. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityMartyR see above response. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thanks for the information, @Jillb35. I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

@XfinityMartyR​ as if that's not the first thing we do. 

1 Message

7 months ago

The exact same thing is happening to me with calls and it has to be more than a "reception problem" because I am getting NO indicators that there was a "missed call". I'm told by friends and family that their call goes directly to voicemail. 

The same thing has been happening to me with texts as well. Friends are saying texts are showing as "delivered" but I either never get the text or they all come flooding in all at once anywhere from 2 hours to 5 days.

This is a REAL problem Xfinity and because both Android and iPhone users are complaining, it can't be a phone/device issues. The issue is either with Xfinity itself or Verizon because Xfinity Mobile uses Verizon towers for communication. I do business on my phone and looking for work using my cell phone so I am most likely losing opportunities because of this. If this isn't corrected by the 1st of the year I am switching providers.

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

7 months ago

I having similar problems with missed calls. I created a post here (https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-mobile/phone-keeps-dropping-signal/656cf6a4f961c6163a2fd8dc?commentId=657785c3cc3f661cfc8675fb) about my phone perpetually dropping cellular connection and then not reconnecting. But I am finding out that sometimes, even with a signal (two bars), calls are not ringing on my phone and callers are being sent to voicemail. I am seeing a number of similar messages on this forum and elsewhere but seems like the message is getting diffused across multiple threads and forums and the provider is doing nothing to investigate/solve the problem holistically. 

@R2daR​ I'm having the same exact issue I've talked to customer support 3 times & nothing has changed. People are calling me and I'm not receiving the calls at all this is unacceptable to say the least 

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

It is ridiculous. Missed 4 calls today and had to make the same tired excuse to my callers when I noticed and call them back. Looking at other carriers currently: can't carry on with this BS. 

Official Employee

• 

574 Messages

@R2daR Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey there, @Loadedbakedpotato! Thanks for leaving a comment with your shared concerns. Since Xfinity Mobile support is limited for our Digital Care Team via social media, we ask that you reach directly out (by call or text) to our Xfinity Mobile Sales and Service team at 1-888-936-4968 for further assistance with your mobile device. You may also use our Secure Online Chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7! Have you tried all three methods of reaching them recently? If you have already reached out to Xfinity Mobile regarding your concerns, and they are still unresolved, our team can help facilitate communication with the appropriate team. Feel free to create a new public post to get started!

4 Messages

2 months ago

I'm in the same boat.  I want out. My daughter is about to have my first granddaughter & I'm supposed to be there,  but she and others say they call and it doesn't ring.  I'm being told that people are sending texts and I'm not getting them.  I actually had an argument with my husband because he went to the store and didn't ask if I needed him to get anything. And he actually had messaged,  but I didn't get it until 6 hours later. 

I'm getting messages that say that I have no network. His phone continually switched him to other languages & he doesn't get my texts.

And the failure to send or no connection is constant. 

So how do we get out? 

Xfinity misrepresented themselves to us. This service is ridiculously bad. 

Our connections aren't automatically switching.  I feel like we've gone back to 2005. I have to constantly switch back and forth on both of our phones. 

And we're really not saving money when you figure the time wasted & all of the things we no longer have.  No visual voicemail. Our 5g is irregular at best. 

I am to the point that I may have to contact someone to fight for us. I don't want to get stuck paying for these terrible phones that were also misrepresented. 

Anyone found a solution?

4 Messages

And the chatting and calls have become a tired part time job that no one has time for. Offer us an.out. that's all we want. Or basically we'll suck it up, pay for the [Edited: "Language"] phone,  trade it, leave comcast internet & mobile and report all of this. 

That's where we're at.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_hn6rhj Hello! When you have a moment, please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address so that we can assist you further. Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here