lmacmil's profile

Contributor

• 

229 Messages

Friday, February 16th, 2024 10:53 PM

Closed

International (Europe) calling

This fall I'm going on a Mediterranean cruise.  It leaves from Athens, stops in Albania, Italy, Malta, France and ends in Barcelona.  I can probably get by with WhatsApp and wifi on the ship but I'd like to have the capability to make a call or use data while on land, in case I never need to.  Xfinity has a $10/day plan but it's very limited on data.  I don't know what international roaming charges are but I suspect they are high.  I've got an iPhone 15 so it has an eSIM.  Any suggestions or links will be appreciated.

Official Employee

• 

754 Messages

8 months ago

@lmacmil Here is a great link that provides information on international travel and Xfinity mobile https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/traveling-internationally.

Contributor

• 

229 Messages

Thanks.  I had seen that page.  I was looking for some real-life experiences.

1 Message

4 months ago

Im in Europe now. Xfinity assured me, before i left US, that my phone would woek here. But it does not! Ive tried everything.

didnt buy the Intl plan, want to pay as I go cu wont use it alot.  But need to use it sometimes.  Im getting NO help fr Xfinity

i,m really bummed. BEWARE!

Contributor

• 

229 Messages

@user_2ez33e​ My phone isn't paid off which apparently means I can't get an eSIM for it.  Fortunately I've got a Pixel 3a that will take an eSIM.  I'm going to buy a 30 day eSIM that works in all EU countries and gives me a local phone # and a little bit of data each day.  That should be enough.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here