U

Wednesday, June 12th, 2024 5:35 PM

Help with email

I can no longer have access to my Xfinity Comcast email directly from my phone. I had errors today and forward directions to delete the account on my phone which I did. I cannot add the account back without the error message from Comcast stating currently unavailable, I need to have access quickly to my emails. I can login through xfinity.com to see all of my emails but this is a nuisance.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

20 days ago

user_hqfjz1, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. The best way to go is to access your Comcast email through xfinity.com instead of using a third party like Outlook. 

4 Messages

While I don't disagree - having the option to click one button is way more convenient than logging in everytime to the website. It would also be convenient if the one could have quick access to email in the xfinity app - but sadly that is not an option either. There has to be a better system  -  or a better provider.  

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_hqfjz1, I totally get what you're saying, the convenience is very nice. What 3rd party email client are you using that you're unable to access your emails with? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

When I go to settings I try to add the account - I select "Other" for the third party and type in my comcast login - I get the message that comcast is currently unavailable

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@user_hqfjz1 check out this support article https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/third-party-email-access which may be the answer to your issue. It shows you how to turn on or off access to third-party email programs. I recommend checking these settings to avoid issues like this. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here