U

Thursday, June 27th, 2024 2:46 AM

GTP No longer working/NO SERVICE Internationally

Hello. I am currently abroad in Belize and having difficulty with roaming on iPhone 13 despite having global pass activated and currently do not have 4 bar signal, it says NO SERVICE. The phone does connect to local carriers but does not display 4g/5g/LTE. I’ve contacted 4 agents and they said the network around me has been down (which is false everyone is connected to it), they said it would connect once I added back GTP, which was removed because it wasn’t working, false again still not connect to a network.  I have tried. 

- restarting

- hard restarting

- network reset

- toggle airplane mode

- toggle roaming

- ensuring no VPN

- software update

- updating carrier settings

- manually selecting network from the options listed.

I appreciate the help

1 Message

5 days ago

This is the exact same issue I am having in Mexico City today.

1 Message

Same here in Germany since yesterday afternoon. Odd that my wife's phone on same plan is working fine.

1 Message

I’m having the exact same problem in Mexico. Have talked to 5 agents and no one has been able to fix it. 

Problem Solver

• 

448 Messages

I just read a news article regarding international roaming not working. It is affecting all carriers. Related to issues at international connection partner Syniverse, according to a person familiar with the situation. The company says the estimated time of restoration is 12 hours up to 24 hours.

4 Messages

Exact same problem here in Italy.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same here in South America!!  So frustrating!!  Lost it yesterday and wouldn’t connect to any local network.  Chatted with support and they blamed the local networks. 

1 Message

4 days ago

My daughter is currently in Spain on a school trip and having the same issues. Very frustrating.

1 Message

4 days ago

Same issue here in India. I have contacted the customer care and they said it would be fixed in 2-4 hours but its been more than 1.5 days now and still no service.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_9ts6o5 Hello! Are you still having issues with your phone?
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

355 Messages

3 days ago

Good evening @user_cpnfuk. Are you still experiencing issues with your cell phone? 

1 Message

When can we anticipate cellular service to restored for out-of-country customers? It's been three days of no service.

2 Messages

@XfinityRaf​ Yes. It will come back for less then five minutes everyday. I’m expecting to not pay this GTP that keeps renewing without us not even using it. As well our phone service.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_cpnfuk

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome  Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Please reach out to the awesome mobile team via:

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_x2d9wc Thank you for reaching out about this concern. Are you still having an issue with your GTP? If so, how long had you been using the pass before the issue started and when did the issue start? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here