S

Monday, April 22nd, 2024 7:51 PM

Forced Global Pass

I am traveling internationally. I have my mobile data switched off and my data roaming switched off. I still keep getting charged for Global Pass. The rep is telling me that it's out of their hands, the only thing that can be done is to remove Global Pass off my account in full. This does not seem correct to me, there are some days where I absolutely want to pay for the global pass but for 85% of my trip the town's WiFi covers all my needs. How is it possible that turning off mobile and roaming data doesn't stop the phone from connecting to cellular?

Official Employee

• 

853 Messages

2 months ago

This is a great question! @Stejea I am glad you reached out about your global pass concerns. 

You can reduce text and data usage charges while roaming by enabling Global Travel Pass and using Wi-Fi, where available. I hope you're having a great time on your trip. Please let us know if this answers your question. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

Did not answer his question and too got whacked for $100 when I turned off roaming AND data. This is flat out wrong

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_310525 Did you see BruceW's response about switching to Airplane mode? This would be the best way to make sure you are using local WiFi when avabile. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.7K Messages

2 months ago

... I have my mobile data switched off and my data roaming switched off. ...

Unless a cellphone is in airplane mode it will still communicate with cell system towers, even with data and roaming switched off. Cheeky of them to charge you for an idle phone, but not really surprising.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here