U

Wednesday, November 15th, 2023 6:43 PM

Closed

Extremely delayed text message reciept

For the past 2 days I have been receiving several text messages on an extremely delayed schedule - for example messages sent at 3 p.m. on day 1 but wasn't received until 10 am on day 2; another set of messages sent at 7 p.m. on day 2 not received until 12 pm on day 3.  Today in fact I received 10 messages simultaneously at 12 pm.  I have checked all options on my end and everything is working properly and this appears to be directly related to my Xfinity mobile service.  Anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it? 

Official Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

8 months ago

Hey, @user_zdpwll! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear of the issues you are having when it comes to these delayed messages. I know it has been a few days now, are you still having these issues? If so, have you attempted to reboot the phone so it can reconnect to the network? I know this helps solve some of my delay issues with my phone service.

1 Message

@Xfinity Support has there been any update or resolve the ongoing issues with text messages? 

Official Employee

• 

938 Messages

@user_64cz63 Hello! Thanks for reaching out for the trouble with text messages. I am not showing a known issue with sending or receiving texts at this time. Is the delay with receiving messages? Is it happening from multiple numbers / carriers? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

61 Messages

For me, it is with both sending & receiving. 

3 Messages

7 months ago

I am having same issue.  Ive restarted my phone, cleared cache and my messages continue to show as sending.   Its infuriating 

1 Message

7 months ago

I don't have the answers to your questions, but this is happening to me as well. This morning at 7AM, I received 2 texts simultaneously, that were sent 2 and 3 days ago! Both said they had called and left messages as well, but those calls and VM's never came through. As this is my business phone, I'm very unhappy! This particular phone is a Samsung 5G, all settings are as they should be and software is on auto updates. Xfinity just tells me to shut the phone off and back on again, but how often do I need to do this so as not to miss anymore calls? Hourly??? I need better reliability and actual fixes to this issue. 

1 Message

5 months ago

I have three phones on Xfinity Mobile and all are experiencing same problems.  One more than others and it is the only one that was purchased through Xfinity Mobile.  Texts messages are delayed and delivered in a batch, hours later.  After probably 7 years it looks like it's time to leave Xfinity Mobile for a real carrier.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi, @ScarlinTX. Thank you for reaching out. I hope you are doing well today, besides the issues with your device. I know it can be frustrating when your service isn't working as expected. Due to account security, we are limited on access to your Xfinity Mobile Account here on Forums, and we do recommend reaching out to our experts to ensure your concern is resolved. You can reach them by texting or calling 1 (888) 936-4968. You can also chat with an expert here https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

61 Messages

I am experiencing the same issues.  A SMS sent to me at 7PM on one recent occasion did not reach my phone until 8:15 AM the next day.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here