RPM2Hi4u's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, August 14th, 2024 5:29 PM

Can't login to voicemail on mobile -only get PIN setup message

I have not changed anything on my phone since I last used Xfinity voicemail, about 2 days ago.  Now suddenly, when I try to login to my Xfinity voicemail from a *mobile* web browser, I can't get past an exasperating message that is asking me to setup a new PIN and security question.  I already have this PIN and security question created but the login doesn't seem to "know" it.  When I login from a desktop web browser, this does not happen.  That is, with a desktop browser, I can just login and go right to my voice mail without the message showing up.

That mobile browser PIN message is exasperating because it doesn't explain how to make the message go away!  It only says that I need to setup a PIN and of course that has already been done.

EDIT: Now the desktop browser is ALSO having the problem (displaying the message and preventing access to my VM).

Does anyone have an answer or work-around for this issue?

Thank You.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

Cancel voicemail on this account!!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there @5jsims05! Thank you so much for reaching out to us regarding your voicemail concerns. You are in the right place and we are happy to assist you today.

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

2 months ago

I have been getting the same thing on and off since the day you posted.  For the past few months I have been asked to accept cookies from xfinity which I was never asked to do before; I always refuse.  I am wondering if accepting them would clear this PIN problem.  However, I also have been noticing that, if I go back to my email tab and go back to the voice tab right afterwards, I no longer receive the pop-up window to set my PIN number.  In other words, it is not consistent.  You may have to switch tabs back and forth and see if that works.  Also, try clearing your cookies and try again.

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

2 months ago

Hi there, @RPM2Hi4u! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community Forum! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your voicemail! I would recommend following the directions to update your pin, located here : https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-voicemail-password to see if that alleviate the issue. Let us know. Thanks! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityFrank​ If you read it correctly, the PIN  has already been set up and isn't the problem. It is that Comcast isn't recognizing that it has been set up when the customer goes to the voicemail tab on the Xfinity website to read or listen to voicemail. You can go and change your pin and security question 100 times, and still get the same message when you go to the voicemail tab. The issue is at the Xfinity website level, not the users PIN level. I'm having the same issue.  

1 Message

I am having the same issue.  Reset pin and security question, and I still cannot access voicemail.  How can I access voicemail, which I could access a hundred times before this stupid pop-up message blocks my access.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

voxnut thanks for your comment. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a similar issue. Is this happening on all of your devices? Have you tried using a different device or browser to see if the issue persists? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello user_c81vmy. Please follow these steps to listing to voicemail.

1. Dial 99 or your home phone number 

2. When your greeting starts, press # 

3. Enter your passcode when prompted 

4. Follow the prompts to enter your password 

5. Access and hear your messages

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ I am likewise having the same problem.  I have an HP laptop.  I primarily use Edge for viewing this, but I took your advice & tried other browsers.  I get the same problem on Firefox, but not on Chrome.  So what gives?  I'd like to keep using this on Edge for consistency's sake.  I imagine given the # of complaints this isn't an isolated issue.  Is there a workaround to view VM on the web (aside from actually using the phone)?  I actually prefer the internet way cause it's much quicker.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 month ago

This is happening to me multiple times.  I reset the pin and security question, and then the next time I log into xfinity it happens again.  Now I cannot get to where the pin and security question is set up.  Xfinity is terrible!!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_c77766 Please try clearing your cookies/cache if you are using a browser. We also recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity app, after doing this if you still experience any issues, please let us know.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here