U

Sunday, January 14th, 2024 7:23 AM

Closed

Can't connect to MMS and dropped service

Beyond frustrated with Xfinity and my S22 Ultra.

Two Issues

- "can't retrieve MMS; Can't connect to MMS"

- phone dropping service requiring reactivation

About two weeks now my group messages (which is MMS) while on WIFI. Turn WIFI off it works. Until yesterday when it was only working on wifi. First chat I had the tech was clueless and directed me to replace my phone (which I would pay a deductible).. not a solution. That night my phone restarted when I connected to Wi-Fi and dropped my service. I had to speak to another agent to reactivate my SIM. The next day the MMS issue returned so I went to a store where I was told again that it's just me having the issue so it's my phone. I replaced my SIM and reactivated my phone at the store. I reached out to Samsung and they ran a full diagnostic on my phone with no issues reported. Tonight, there goes my service again. Dropped and I'm on a chat with another agent.

I'm tired of dealing with this. I've spent hours talking to agents and even more time troubleshooting on my own.

Xfinity team member.. I don't need the response that you are limited here and to call someone... I'm trying to find others who are experiencing this to combine what we've learned cause it's a run around with Xfinity. 

1 months left on my and my wifes phone payments. If I can't find a solution soon (and I'm talking real soon) I will be cancelling all my Xfinity services and finding mobile/ISP providers at a competitor. 

1 Message

9 months ago

I have 4 phones on the plan. MMS has not been working since 1/12/24. Error message says "Message not sent: service not activated on network". I called 2 separate times. First time over an hour trying all the basic troubleshooting. Reset the network, cleared the cache, checked mobile data, and so on. They mentioned SIM cards. Not sure how 4 separate cards 1 Samsung, 3 Iphones will all have that problem. He was literally reading his script to himself but out loud. These are all things I did by myself before calling. He consulted with a technical engineer eventually. They claimed Verizon was having a nationwide issue with MMS. I asked 6 friends w/Verizon in my area. No one else had an issue. 

Second call was several hours later.  I spoke with another rep who was just as bad as the first. They are not qualified for tech support, not enough education. I humored her with trying all the same bare minimum troubleshooting tips as the first guy. When it didn't work, she wanted to repeat the same steps over again. Save us both some time and get someone who might be more knowledgeable.  They are human versions of their automated phone system. They just repeat the same thing and you can't get past them.  Over an hour later, she was also giving me the same story that Verizon is the problem. It's been 3 days, I doubt that is the problem. It's also not our individual phones. Xfinity internet has always been an issue for us. While we don't have great cell service most of the time, Xfinity Mobile has never been a problem.  2 of the 4 phones are paid off. Others fairly early in the contract or I would be gone as well from mobile and internet.  Unfortunately, nothing helpful I can pass along that will fix the technical issue, but you are not alone in the frustration!

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

I feel for you guys, you're problems seem much more complex than mine. But it is still beyond frustrating at times. I bought my first smartphone from Xfinity a month ago. After a week I noticed the voicemail icon ( or badge as they call it) stopped displaying the number of calls. Then I noticed the Visual voice mail did not work. When I went to click it on it said "Contact Xfinyt Mobile service" I showed this to a guy at the Xfinity store, who said it was due to Samsung doing an upgrade. I called Samsung and it turned out there was no such "upgrade" but that Samsung would do a troubleshooting session over the phone. When this did not work out they sent me to a repair shop. he did not find the problem. The next step I sent the phone into the Samsung factory where they do the in-depth testing. So the report said there were no problems with the phone but mentioned "third party application error" Wonder who that would be? Meanwhile the problem had been escalated within Xfinity and I just found out a couple days ago  the issue had been marked as "resolved"! Apparently the guy who it was escalated to said he called me on Jan 9 to give me a solutution to fix the problem and that I said I was satisfied with the results. This phone call supposedly took place on Jan 9 when the phone was at the Samsung factory in Texas! So if he did call somebody it sure wasn't me, I didn't have the phone. I made several calls to the guy he never bothered to return the calls! It looks to be they were anxious to mark the case as "resolved". At this point I don't know what is going to happen, but I do regret buying a phone from Xfinity. The product was faulty and the service - well I already described the service I got. I will look into getting some kind of refund if they don't FINALLY fix this thing. I would probably take a loss financially but I will gain in the long run going elsewhere getting a phone that works 100% and service people who actaully do the service. Buying this phone at Xfinity has so far been a mistake.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_e0h2rc Thank you for letting us know you are running in to issues with your phones. I know it has been a few days since your last post and wanted to know if you are still running into issues. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Yes absolutely beyond yessssss Noone will escape this I can never get a manager & I'm to the point xfinity is about to get all of their equipment including unpaid devices dropped on the store floor n I'm driving right down the road & going back to verizon

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

9 months ago

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_y5i6rs.

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

I have been into the Xfinity Merrillville store a few times and talked to them. They claimed it was a Samsung problem. I have taken it into Samsung repair shop and sent it in to samsung factory. They say it is a "third party application error". i have called and talked to at elast six different people at 888-936-4968. As I said in previous pots here, and messages to employess here, as yourself, the problem is still there. It was escalated to a employee named Trevor. he claimed to have called me on Jan 9 to give me a solution and that I said I was saisfied with the results. The problem is my phone was in Texas at the samsung factory on Jan 9. IF he did call me, my number he did not talk to me because the phone was in the samsung factory! So if the escalator couldn't or wouldn't fix it, what hope do I have? According to him the case is "resolved". I need to either get this phone fixed, or get a new phone from you or get a refund so I can go to a diifferent carrier and get a phone that woks. Are you able to escalate this matter? If so, that might help. maybe the next "escalator" will get this fixed. Thank you for your concern. This has been going on for three weeks, no one seems to be able to help.

2 Messages

9 months ago

Bought two Samsung Ultra 23s December 2, 2024. My wife bought her phone directly from Samsung. I bought from Xfinity. We both had problems immediately with caller ID not showing the phone number, but showing "Restricted." We never knew who was calling. Like many on this thread, there was the circling back and forth between Samsung, Xfinity store and Xfinity mobile support on line. We got the Phone ID resolved. Now my phone will not send MMS attachments. I am getting "Network will not support" error. I have been told to wait 24 hours for the fix. Apparently, my phone is not the only one having the issue. I have read on other posts that ONLY Tier 3 support can resolve the issue. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hey @user_pkyz64. Have you been able to contact our Mobile team at any of these numbers to get the support you need with putting in a ticket:

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

15 Messages

8 months ago

You'll probably enjoy my take on this issue. Originally this happened only after Samsung's "OneUI" updates on my phones, but now it's happening intermittently (every few days) when I merely restart my phone: ‎Samsung “One UI” updates disconnect phones from WiFi and mobile networks | Xfinity Community Forum

15 Messages

@DaveZ6​ By the way, there are lots of people having this issue. I'm compiling a list of online complaints that I'm sending to my local Xfinity store rep.

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

8 months ago

I don't know how much this has to do with anything, but I was unable to recieve MMS, which I gues includes pictures, including photos and gifs. I was able to send them but not recieve them. I was able to resolve this on the first try when I called Xfinity Mobile cutomer service. The wi-fi was off! I had to make a new password, and the rep helped me with that, and now I am able to recieve the pictures. I have absolutely no training re: smartphones, I have learned by trial and error. I did not get a owner's manual when I bought the phone at an Xfinity store. I realize I can find info online. I did get a call last night from an Xfinity rep who wanted to know why I rated the help I recieved last Thursday and Friday when I spent several hours being passed back and forth from one rep to another to try to find why I am apparently not getting the discount on my residential bill now that I have bought a phone and service from Xfinity. I did get not one, but two ticket numbers, and the rep told me to call them at the end of the week if I have not heard from them yet. Previously I had talked to several Xfinity employees who said I would get a discount on the residential bill when I bought the phone. as of yet that hasn't happened. I suppose it has to do with bundling.

2 Messages

My issue was finally fixed by Xfinity. The MMS error happens when you are sending attachments from an Android phone to an Apple Phone. At one time, these was a toggle switch on the phone app. This is now gone. Xfinity had to fix it on their end. At first, they blamed Samsung. Samsung sent me back to Xfinity. This problem is well documented on web, lots of references to the issue with VZ. 

Official Employee

• 

885 Messages

@ww8944 I am glad you were able to receive help from our Xfinity Mobile team. I can check your residential account for the mobile discount if you want. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

8 months ago

My s23 ultra was 5 months old & my sms app would randomly stop working. I would be in downtown Atlanta & drop all signal & no matter how many times I restarted it until it was ready to get signal again I was outta luck. I finally got a rep on the line who did smart tutor & went into my phone. He then made me aware the dropped signal is due to the antenna, charging port. Sim card port & battery were basically fried. He then checked my apps & I was made aware that I had 23 viruses that came pre-installed all on samsung apps that only they or samsung could remove. My only option was to send my phone to samsung directly who had it for 2 months & after me basically begging to not send that phone back because it's basically refurbished now & I purchased a brand new 1 & it was only 5 months old they said no if they can fix it they have to send it back to me. I have never regretted buying a samsung until this s23 ultra. I can't tell you how many times I honestly considered going to iphone even tho I despise iphones. Lately xfinity customer service has been just as sorry Sadly to say. It took Mr a month to resolve a issue a store rep created & took me threating to go all the way to the owner of xfinity because I was sick of the BS. It was finally resolved tonight. After approximately 40 reps who would never escalate my issue I got 2 that knew exactly what to do & had it fixed it 5 minutes. Seriously pitch a fit & make them check your antenna & all because like I said mine fried in 5 months 

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

@user_c00795​ I am wondering why on earth the phone came pre-installed with 23 viruses?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here