nightsmusic's profile

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

Tuesday, January 9th, 2024 9:33 PM

Closed

Calls Not Coming Through Using Wifi Calling

After a two hour tech chat trying to find out why calls just weren't even ringing through on my Galaxy S22 Ultra, nothing was resolved and no one really had an answer as to what was going on. Tonight, my husband totally missed a call, again, that didn't even ring through on his Galaxy S21FE work phone and he was sitting right next to it. After yet another hour of digging, I found a "Help" article on Xfinity and this is what Step number 2 says:

• To use Wi-Fi Calling, a number of requirements must be satisfied: Use the SIM card that was provided by your operator with your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra to ensure proper compatibility with all available features or services. You need to be within range of a Wi-Fi network. Click here for instructions to switch on Wi-Fi and search for available Wi-Fi networks. Note: with XFINITY Mobile this service is currently not available.

So, to everyone who has had so many problems with Wifi calling not working, I have no idea how old this article is, they're not ever dated, but it's obviously a known issue and one they still haven't rectified! No surprise there since this has been going on almost a year for us. 

The whole article can be found here:  https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/device-troubleshooting?page=topic/wi-fi/enable-wifi-calling-for-call-and-messages/device/samsung/galaxy-s22-ultra

Turn off the Wifi calling and quit trying to use it, I guess. It won't work. At least not for now.

1 Message

3 months ago

I am also having this issue. It is exclusive to xfinity - I had ATT DSL before this and wifi calling worked fine. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

user_fr0s7d Thanks for reaching out about your WiFi calling issue. I would be happy to do some troubleshooting with you to see why you can't get calls to come in while on it. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

2 months ago

Im having the same issue on my Google Pixel 6 as you are so its not your phone despite what they are telling you. I've used wifi calling for the last 3 years on this phone when Im at home because I live just outside of my town in a rural farm area. The problem only started when Xfinity "upgraded" my router to the Arris XB7.  Any device using the wifi will not have a constant service connection and needs to manually reconnected to use Internet. My laptop now has a 25 ft ethernet cable plugged into it and my tv and PS5 have to be hard wired. This leaves my cell phone hanging with no service when people try to call or text and me having to toggle wifi off and on to connect to the phone service for outgoing calls. There are no internet alternatives and all 3 phone services cant provide data service here because of the mountains around the valley. I cant even get past generic customer service to a real tech because they want me to pay for a tech to check my lines first and refuse to acknowledge the router is the issue. So my solution now is to find a compatible  router to buy and [Edited: "Language"] with the $180 year rental charges and the garbage Xfinity streaming tv that no longer has any channels worth mentioning. Im also filing a complaint with both the FTC and FCC so that someday they will classify internet as a utility and force Comcast and the rest to provide a reasonable service. Good luck with your issue and everyone else's here.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

@user_xg96co​ I am the original OP. I know it's not the phone. It's absolutely xFinity's router. If you notice the original post, it says in their documentation they know it doesn't work with Samsung phones, but it doesn't work with any manufacturer. It's all over the web. You'd think they'd have zeroed in on the issue by now since it's been ongoing for almost two years, but started with Samsung. But they haven't and they can't fix it. Trust me. The first thing they tell you to do is factory reset your phone but this started with mine right out of the box. Ridiculous. For the amount they charge which is double what you pay for any other carrier at this point, you should be able to get comparable service to the other carriers. But you can't.

2 Messages

I did speak to Xfinity customer service on Mon. After 2 hours of constantly avoiding the actual problem I kept telling her I had and resetting my router a bunch of times at her command, she finally stated that there was no problem with my service and it must be my wiring. If I let a tech come out to my home they wouldnt charge me if it turned out to be an Xfinity problem but it would be $85 if it was mine. She kept avoiding telling me how much it would be if there was no problem with the wires so I assumed I also would pay for that. I insisted they send me a new router since the problem started the day they gave me this Arris XB7 and she said she would. What actually happened was she removed the $15 rental fee from my bill and added it back again with no order to send a replacement ever made. From what I find on the web they get dinged on commission for solutions that cost Xfinity and only make one for new services and billing. So seems she got paid extra to change my bill around and not fix anything. Changing phone service isnt an option here. In the past 8 years I've tried all 3, ATT, T-Mobile and finally settled on Verizon now because overall it just works best everywhere in my local area. None of them can provide consistent phone/data service to my township. So my Google phone hasn't changed, the internet service plan is the same, the wiring and setup in the home is also the same. The only changed element is the Arris XB7 router that got connected the day the wifi calling stopped working. I tried multiple times to get signed into the router settings page but it keeps saying there is a problem try back later. I'll report back after I go through whatever nightmare Xfinity creates to hook up my own router and hopefully that's my solution. If not Im at a total loss here and wont have any phone service except the ability to call out after turning the wifi on and off. Im leary of DMing that man on the moon guy cause my experience says if he wont clarify what he's doing he's a grifter.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hello, @user_xg96co 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon

2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

2 months ago

Any Xfinity Support Person who knows the answer, please reply.

My wife and I have also had similar problems using our Verizon phones and our Xfinity wireless router since about the start of the year (2024). Last night I was home and tried calling my wife mutiple times to find out when she would be home, and my Google Pixel 6A wasn’t able to connect to the cellular network and kept telling me to enable Wi-Fi Calling, which is enabled on my phone was showing full signal strength on my WiFi. I restarted my phone twice and got the same results, it would not allow me to make or receive phone calls, or send or receive text messages using the Wi-Fi Calling feature which is enabled on my phone. So after restarting me phone the second time I went into the Internet setting on my phone and changed the SSID from the one I have for my house to the Xfinitywifi SSID, and all of a sudden I received 12 text messages from my wife and kids. So what I want to know is why wont my phone connect to my home SSID, but will connect to the Xfinitywifi SSID, or was this just a fluke?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here