lmacmil's profile

Contributor

• 

224 Messages

Saturday, February 24th, 2024 12:52 AM

1st dropped calls after 2 1/2 years of flawless service

I've been an XM customer since summer of 2021.  I don't ever recall a dropped call until last week when I was talking to my sister (don't know her carrier) and the call failed twice in about 15 minutes.  This week I had two calls disconnect from local landlines (different businesses.)  I have been home each time and both times when I called back I completed the call without a problem.  When the calls drop I have no bars.  I usually have 2 bars when at home.    Any one else experiencing dropped calls recently?

Problem Solver

• 

449 Messages

4 months ago

@lmacmil If you have no bars that means you have a poor signal to the cell tower. What day did this happen? Severe bad weather that day? Can be a number of things including a cell tower issue, maintenance etc. It happens. I would enable WiFi calling, if not already to help in those instances.

Contributor

• 

224 Messages

@DreamSayerZ​ It happened on 3 different days, no bad weather on any of them.  Wifi calling is enabled but 2 of the calls were from landlines so that wouldn't help.  If I'm not moving and my signal drops from 2 bars to no bars, that implies a problem at the tower or somewhere else, not at my end.

1 Message

26 days ago

frequent dropped calls, considering switching carriers

Official Employee

• 

967 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_8okmt6. I am sorry to hear that you are having any issue with your Xfinity Mobile service. For assistance with that issue you can reach out to our Mobile experts directly at the https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile site. You can also text or call them directly at  888-936-4968.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here