Xfinity Support's profile

Official Employee

• 

60 Messages

Tuesday, February 6th, 2018 10:00 AM

Closed

ANSWERED: What is Seasonal Billing from Xfinity and how to set it up?

​ ​

​Question:​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​I need to put my account on a hold as I will be away for an extended period of time. How do I know if I am eligible for a hold? If I am eligible, how do I set it up?​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​
​ ​

​Answer:​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

Xfinity makes it easy to put your services on hold

Stay Connected to your seasonal home while you are away.

Place your Xfinity TV, Internet, and Voice on hold while you are away.

• Save on installation/reconnection fees upon return.
  • Keep your equipment in your home — no need to return equipment!
  • Restore services without a technician visit.
  • Keep your home phone number and email address.
    ​ ​
​ ​
​ ​

​ ​

​ ​
​ ​
​ ​
​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​Frequently Asked Questions​

​ ​
​ ​

What is the Seasonal Convenience Plan?

The Seasonal Convenience Plan allows you to put your Xfinity TV, Internet, and Voice services “on vacation” while you’re away from home — at reduced rates.

• Keep your Xfinity equipment in your home.
  • Keep your home phone number.
  • Keep your Comcast.net email address and access it anywhere .
  • Upgrade to Seasonal Internet Access to control smart home devices remotely.

Important: No changes of service can take place while your account is enrolled in the Seasonal Convenience Plan.

How does the Seasonal Convenience Plan work?

You can put your Xfinity services on hold with no reconnection charge and no service call needed when you return — availability and plans vary by location. This is one of the great benefits of the Seasonal Convenience Plan. You’ll enjoy the convenient, no-waiting, hassle-free method of having your Xfinity services activated at no extra cost before you return.You can even keep your equipment in your home while you’re away. And, there’s no need to contact us to resume your service, making it one less thing to do when you return.

How do I pay for the Seasonal Convenience Plan?

Payment can be made by phone, online or by enrolling in our EcoBill paperless billing program. You can receive statements electronically or choose to continue having monthly statements mailed to you.

What if I do not want to put my equipment on the Seasonal Convenience Plan?

The advantages of the Seasonal Plan is that you get to keep your equipment in your home while you are away. If you place your services on the Seasonal Convenience Plan, that will apply to your equipment as well. There is no charge for leased equipment while on the Seasonal Convenience Plan.

I am currently paying a promotional discounted rate for service. Will that rate continue when I return?

You can keep your promotional rate as long as it does not expire during the time you are on the Seasonal Convenience Plan. The expiration date of your promotion remains the same and will not be extended while you are on the Seasonal Convenience Plan.

Can I access my smart home devices while I am away?

Now you can stay connected and control devices like a smart thermostat or security cameras remotely with the Xfinity Internet Seasonal Access option.

​ ​

​ ​

​How do I enroll in the Seasonal Convenience Plan?​

​Visit​​ ​​https://comcastseasonal.com/​​ ​​to enroll.​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​
Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Residential customers only. Not all services eligible. Availability and plans vary by location. Equipment, taxes, and fees, including regulatory recovery fees, Broadcast TV Fee (up to $38.45/mo.) and other applicable charges extra, and subject to change. Pricing subject to change. Xfinity services will move from suspended to active status on the date requested and regular applicable Xfinity charges will then apply. Expiration dates for promotions are not changed or extended by the Seasonal Convenience Plan. If a promotion expires during the time services are on the Seasonal Convenience Plan, regular rates will apply when services are moved from suspended to active status. Accounts enrolled in the Affordable Connectivity Program are not eligible to enroll in the Seasonal Convenience Plan Xfinity Internet: Seasonal Internet Access is limited to download speeds up to 3 Mbps. Actual speeds vary and are not guaranteed. For factors affecting speed visit www.xfinity.com/networkmanagementTV: Regular rates continue to apply for streaming services. Streaming services are not suspended during Seasonal Convenience Plan period. Xfinity Flex: Xfinity Flex not available during the period covered by the Seasonal Convenience Plan.Xfinity Voice: During the Seasonal Convenience Plan, service is limited to toll-free and local calling and international calling is blocked. Applicable charges apply to nationwide calls outside local calling area. If there is a power outage or network issue, calling, including calls to 911, may be unavailable. Xfinity Home and Xfinity Mobile cannot be placed on the Seasonal Convenience Plan. Standard rates apply. Xfinity Home: Requires subscription to compatible High-Speed Internet service. Xfinity Home Licenses: AL: 001484, 001504 Complaints may be directed to the Alabama Electronic Security Board of Licensure, 7956 Vaughn Road, PMB 392 Montgomery, AL 36116, (334) 557-0983; AR: 12-030 Regulated by the Department of Arkansas State Police, 1 State Police Plaza Drive Little Rock, Arkansas 72209, (501) 618-8600; AZ: ROC 280515, BTR 18287-0; CA: CSLB 974291, ACO 7118 Alarm company operators are licensed and regulated by the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services, Department of Consumer Affairs, 2420 Del Paso Road, Suite 270, Sacramento, CA 95834, https://www.bsis.ca.gov; CT: ELC 0189754-C5; DE: FAL-0299, FAC-0293, SSPS 11-123; FL: EF0000921, EF20001002, EF0001095; GA: LVU406303, LVU406264, LVU406190; LVU406354; IL: PACA 127-001503; LA: F1691; MA: SS-001968; MD: 107- 1776; ME: LM50017039; MI: 3601206217; MN: TS674412;MS: 15018010; NC: 2335-CSA, 3101 Industrial Drive, Suite 104 Raleigh, NC 27609, (919) 788-5320; NJ: Burglar and Fire Alarm Business Lic. # 34BF00047700; NM: 373379; NY: Licensed by the N.Y.S. Department of State 12000305421; OH: LIC# 53-89-1732; OR: CCB 192945; SC: BAC-13497, FAC-13440; TN: ACL 1597, ACL 1604; TX: ACR-1672104,-1818, B16922, B02571 Licensed by the Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Board, P.O. Box 4087, Austin, TX 78773, (512) 424-7293; UT: 8226921-6501; VA: 2705145289, DCJS 11-7361; VT: ES-02366; WA: COMCABS892DS; WASHINGTON, DC: ECS 902687, BBL 602512000005; WV: WV049211. Valid 1/1/22. See www.xfinity.com/homesecurity for current list. Apps: Standard data charges may apply. Check with your carrier. Call for restrictions and complete details or visit xfinity.com. ©2024 Comcast. All rights reserved.
​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​

FAQs for Netflix Subscription in a Comcast Seasonal Convenience Plan

If you'll be away from your home for a long period of time, we can put your Xfinity services on hold while you're away.

Check out the frequently asked questions about your Netflix subscription while you're in a Seasonal Suspend (or Seasonal Convenience Plan).

If you want a Seasonal Convenience Plan for your Xfinity services, but don’t want to keep your Netflix subscription during that time, Netflix must be canceled before you enroll. 

FAQs

What happens to my Netflix subscription while I'm in a Comcast Seasonal Convenience Plan?
If you have a Netflix subscription through Xfinity, you can continue to enjoy your Netflix service during the seasonal period. You can get Netflix via any internet-connected device with the Netflix app; however, you won’t be able to access the Netflix app on your TV Box while you’re enrolled in a Comcast Seasonal Convenience Plan. Applicable rates apply.

How do I pay for my Netflix subscription while I'm in a Comcast Seasonal Convenience Plan?
It's free to enroll in the Comcast Seasonal Convenience Plan. We'll continue to send monthly statements to your address on file. You’ll be charged the Seasonal Convenience Plan monthly rates and as well applicable rates based on your Netflix plan.

Netflix is currently included in my Xfinity package, but I don’t want access to Netflix while I'm in a Comcast Seasonal Convenience Plan. How do I cancel Netflix service?
To remove Netflix from your Xfinity package, contact us. You’ll need to end your enrollment in the Comcast Seasonal Convenience Plan and choose an Xfinity package that doesn’t include Netflix. Once you’ve changed your package, you may not be able to re-enroll into the Seasonal Convenience Plan during the same seasonal period.

​ ​

​ ​

​ ​
​ ​
​ ​
​Additional Resources​
​ ​
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here